Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ok, so here's my problem...

If you have no idea about program coding, skip this portion of the post!!! (Resume reading where you see the RED LETTERS!)

For those of you knowledgeable folks who are still with me here, if you're reading this page using internet explorer, I'm sure you've noticed the coding problems I have here.

I've consulted a lot of "computer people" about this coding issue that causes my sidebar to load at the top or bottom of all of my posts rather than at the side like it should. And with my own smarts and the help of Jeff, my cousin Steven, Steven's old roommate Mike, and some other random smart people, I've been able to isolate the bit of code that's causing all the problems.

it's the part that says: <$BlogItemBody$>

So far we've tried removing the $ signs from the code, which moves the sidebar up to the proper place, but causes the loss of all the posts. So we pretty much have to have them in there...

So then we tried adding table tags around the offending bit of code... That resulted in pretty much the same effect. Either we have the body of the post, or we have the sidebar loading on the side...

Somehow we'd like to find a way around the coding problem where we can actually have both load correctly at the same time in internet explorer. (Because there are still a lot of very silly people out there who use that piece of trash browser.)

(Michael K, and Markus, I'm looking at you for this one!! Because I know you bitches programmed Michael's new page... So I know that between the two of you, someone knows enough about this nonsense to be of assistance.)

To those of you who know what I'm talking about, and are looking at my coding as you read along here, I'll just go ahead and let you know that I am not particularly attached to any of the text boxes or anything, so if we have to lose that mess, then that's fine! (I'm really more of a content over style kind of girl.

If you can help me, please IM me if I'm around (AIM = Damnlizforgot) or e-mail any helpful stuff to skippinaround@hotmail.com (but please put something in the subject line to indicate that you are helping me... Because I have a junk mail filter on that account, and odds are that most stuff will end up getting screened into the junkmail folder and I'll have to go looking for it!)

==============================================

Ok, now that the technology-talk is out of the way, you all can start reading again!

==============================================

So I've decided that while I make enough money to support myself by working at the bar, I need some kind of a day job just to occupy my time... (I get really bored during the day, because I only work 6 hour shifts a couple nights a week!) You bitches know how stir crazy I get when I sit around being bored all day... And that shit ain't pretty.

So I've got a plan to work a low-responsibility day job and put a little extra cash in my pockets to occupy my time. (Since I'm not looking for another bartending job right this second, I'm thinking the job search part should go much easier... In fact I think a job actually fell into my lap just the other day, so I'm seeing where that takes me.)

Keep your fingers crossed.

==============================================

As for the family situation, Grandma's status is kind of tenuous. She developed a lung infection that has spread into a blood infection, so we're thinking it's really only a matter of time... likely only days at best. (So don't be surprised if the posting drops off for a few days without an immediate explaination. It probably means I've gone home to be with my family... I'll be back in the not-too-distant future, and I'll make it up to you... but it hasn't come to that yet, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.)

As for Uncle Jim, his formal biopsy will be in the next day or two, and doctors will then be able to give us a more complete picture of what we're dealing with there.

As for me, I'm dealing with this mess the best way I know how... by seeing solace in my wonderful friends... You all really are a terriffic bunch of people! I don't know what I'd do without you.

==============================================

Murphy says, "Hi!"

Well, at least I think he said "Hi" ... I don't speak fish as fluently as I would like... so he either said "Hi" or "Sup, BITCHES!"

Either way, he's just trying to be friendly.

==============================================

In case you all didn't already know... I love you!

==============================================

QOTD

The following conversational excerpt was my friend Erik's away message (I thought it was quote worthy):

K24LINK: we could smear pudding on each others chests and run around Rogers Park screaming "Help us! Pudding killed our family!"
elar27: that's good ... but could we make it a pudding MONSTER? i think that's more believable than pudding itself killing our family
K24LINK: well that's what I implied, that it was in fact a pudding monster

This was an actual conversation I had today:
Anthony: Liz, I actually thought of you when I heard a song this weekend!
Liz: Oh yeah? What song?
Anthony: You remember that song that came out in the early 90s, "Beat That Bitch with a Bat"?
Caro: (Who just sprayed the beverage she was drinking all over everything, and was literally rolling with laughter) OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA PEE MY PANTS.
Anthony: Well, do you remember it? Well it came on and I just started dancing to it, and screamed out "LIZ, YOU FUCKIN' ROCK!" ...the bitches I was with just thought I was crazy, because they don't know you and you weren't there.

"So I went to that housewarming party my dad had this weekend, and I've got my grandma in the car, and as we're pulling up there are squad cars all over the place... my grandma just looks at me and says 'KEEP DRIVING! I DON'T WANNA GET PINCHED!' So I was like 'Grandma, you're like 80 years old, what are you gonna get pinched for?' She was like 'You never know...'" ~Anthony

So I was talking to Rosie, who is like 78 years old, and she tells me "I used to go downtown and drink Harvey Wallbangers, and have sex with lots of men!" and I was like "Rosie! That's exactly what I do... except I drink Ketel & sodas," and Rosie looks at me and says "YOU SLUT!" ~Anthony

No comments: