Monday, June 07, 2004

A letter to my knees:

Dearest knees,
I miss you. Please come back! I don't know where I left you, or where you have run off to without me, but I want you both. I love you and I need you back. Please forgive me for all the times I mistreated you, hit you, or cursed at you. I'm sorry for all the many ways I abused you, and I'm sorry for not paying more attention to you and showering you with praise when you were around. That is my shortcoming as person. I am begging you to forgive me and return home to me! I need you! I love you and I miss you both so much. Please don't be mad at me! Please come home.

Sincerely and with all my love,
Liz


Ok, so now that I've gotten that out of the way, I guess I'll go ahead and blog about my weekend. (before I get started, I guess I'll let you guys know to look out for the Columbia rant coming soon... Probably on Wednesday or Thursday) Ok, so this weekend went a little something like this: Jennifer left me on Wednesday to go to her sister's wedding, Kim had her baby, miraculously the baby survived the birth and came home, I had Thursday off, so I spent the day running errands and unpacking boxes, and moving stuff into storage. (I got a new coffee table and end table while I was at it though!) Friday I went to work, came home showered, napped, and Ben came over for a few beers and a movie. Saturday, I dragged ass into work, worked all day, came home, got celery at the market (YAY CELERY!) and worked on the Faith project. Sunday I dragged ass back into work where Jet stuck around until 12:30 because she supposedly had 40 hours... RIIIIIIGHT. So I spent the next 5 hours alone trying to put things together faster than the crowds could destroy them and I was not successful because LOTS of people can destroy a LOT faster than I can fix it. I was also forced to contend with Doug, who I have gone from merely disliking and finding tolerable to full-on detesting and I will no longer censor myself in his presence. To be quite honest, he is a 40 something year old man working 40 hours a week at the home depot. Now, I have nothing against blue collar work, nor the vast majority of those who do it, but when you're 40 something and that's your job day in and day out all year long, please do not act like you're all high and mighty when there are high school kids who are doing the same thing as you for similar if not the same pay. In my own defense, I will say that I find blue collar work to be a totally honorable profession, and I respect the people who do it. There are however certain people (as there are in ANY profession) who are intolerable because they forget themselves. A conversational example.

Doug: Oh, I hadn't even noticed you were wearing flip-flops today
Fed-up Liz: Yep, I sure am.
Doug: Well, you know, that's in violation of Home Depot's dress code.
SUPER FED-UP Liz: Yeah, Doug, well, I guess it's a pretty damn good thing that I don't work for the Home Depot, huh?

I don't like it when people who don't even work for the same company as I do, and don't do the same thing I do, try to tell me how to do my job. Fred, GO BACK TO WATERING, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP ASKING ME TO UNWRAP HANGING BASKETS THAT MY COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR! DOUG, I WILL CLIMB ON THE CARTS AND WEAR MY FLIP-FLOPS AS I SEE FIT. AND WARREN... YOU JUST WEAR YOUR PINK SHIRT AND REMAIN A CLOSET CASE!!
I feel a full-on Home Depot rant coming soon... But not now. We're gonna let this one build a little more! Ok, I'm beat, so here's the QOTD!

QOTD -
6.7.04 - (a little background: don't ask why, but Bret was massaging Jennie with a crucifix)
Jennie: What are you rubbing me with (looks back, sees crucifix) ... Jesus loves me!
Bret: No, if you stick it in your kooch, THEN Jesus would love you.

No comments: