Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Why hello there, and welcome back to the happy hour. Since it's been quite a while since I've had a really lengthy blog entry, I figure I'd just give everybody the details of the day because the 7th of June certainly proved to be an all-around interesting day. Please forgive me if I ramble on for too long ... It's just something I tend to do, because I don't know when to stop myself... So here goes!

Quote of the day went early on to miss Jennifer as you will see below, and we both left early to get to work at our respective jobs. Once at work, I began talking about my Sunday work day. Upon discussing this, I mentioned the reason Jet gave for leaving was that she had her 40 hours in after working only 3.5 hours on Sunday... This, of course, was total horse shit, and not only did I know it when Jet first told me, but Chris and C also knew it when I informed them. This actually perturbed all of us, but it rather obviously bothered Chris even more than I first thought it would. Of course, Jet did not show up at all today, despite being scheduled from 11-7 ... Or something like that. More on that in a moment, but for the sake of preserving chronological order here, it should be noted that there was quite a convention of Polish-speaking folks at the ol' Home Depot garden center when I arrived at 9, and they stuck around for quite a while. It turned out that they were there to finally pick up the impatiens that we had pulled for them like 10 days ago. Now while this was amusing in and of itself, (because of the brigade of cars that were lined up to be loaded with plants,) as well as people just D-BO-ing a couple of spikes, geraniums, and an ass-load of mulch and top soil here and there, I was also HIGHLY AMUSED by the fact that Doug got yelled at for being an idiot! PURE COMEDY FOR ME! Please allow me to illuminate. Now admittedly, Sam is notorious around the home deopt for being an asshole, but I like him, because he does know what he's doing, and in general, he leaves the Masterpiece people alone because he knows that we know what we're doing. Additionally, Sam has never been anything but nice to me, so I've got no reason to complain. As we all know by now though, Doug is an idiot and he thinks he knows a lot more than he does. So Doug had all these carloads of Polish people in the alley to load these flowers up... COMEDY ENSUES. After about 5-7 minutes of flower loading, while a UPS truck is trying to get through, Sam suddenly comes up from receiving and WIGS OUT on Doug. HILARIOUS! He's hollering at these people to get the hell out of the alley because basically if a truck were to come through, everyone would die. (This is not an exaggeration, it really went down like that!) So after the people clear out, Sam has a little talk with Doug, and we don't see Doug for quite some time, which makes us wonder if he'd been canned on the spot for being a total dumbass. Sadly that was not the case. So at noon C and I go to lunch, and when we come back, Nate has arrived, and of course, Jet has not. At which point Chris, C, and myself all inform Nate of the predicament involving Jet and the time clock. Nate takes note of that, and does his thing for a little while. (We like Nate, he's good people.) And before leaving, Steph tells me not to let my monkeys get into a bunch... whatever that means! So sometime after lunch, Doug unfortunately reappears. So while I'm watering all the hanging baskets, I'm forced to listen to his inane babbling about Aussie-rules football, and going to the beach, (Doug going to the beach would in no way EVER be a pretty picture, so this was a scarring comment,) he babbled on for quite some time, but I do my best to tune him out if it's at all possible. So at some point during all this, I come to the realization that C is "having problems" (what kind of problems is privileged information, but I will say that I had a really good laugh at her expense, and in fact just typing that makes me chuckle!) but since C is such a trooper, she stuck around until 2. So Chris and I are the remaining 2. Doug left at about 2:30 or so, and Sam came looking for him around 2:45... It looked to me like Sam needed to "have a talk" with Doug. (COMEDY!) Chris takes off at 3 and I'm left there with little more to do than water for the next couple hours. So I water A LOT. And I push some carts around, and I help some people, clear some carts, water some more, and go home at 5. Not a bad day at work. (I think this is the kind of incentive I need to get my knees to return to me!) So I come home, shower, do dinner, and do a little more unpacking, FINALLY DID MY LAUNDRY (YAY!) and went to the Burger King and since I'd used all my singles and quarters on laundry, I paid for my large beverage entirely in pennies. Yes, I'm an asshole. Not only did I most likely get Jet fired, laugh at Doug getting yelled at, laugh at C's problems, but I paid entirely in pennies!

... I should be shot!

Here's your quote of the day.

QOTD
6.8.04 -
Jennie: I'm all wrinkly but I don't care.
Liz: Well, it's a patterned skirt and the top is stretched over those huge boobies you got there.
Jennie: Yeah, I am all wrinkly but look at my huge boobies and we're all good.

No comments: