Monday, July 05, 2004

I could be totally off base here, and it might just be my own paranoia, but I think that my last blog entry might have pissed off my old roommates. The reason I think this is because when I came home from Alana's party today, I see that Erin's (my old roommate's) away message reads as follows:
"...(in case you read this) do you honestly think you're that GREAT of a person? like you have AAANY room to bitch and complain...i'm so curious as to what you tell your friends because lord knows when we were your friends you LIED about 3/4 of the shit you bitched about to us. Thats okay though...its no surprize that you're not the bigger person to admit to the truth and keep your lies to yourself...hey, whatever makes you come out to look like the better person right, you Mother Theresa, you! The people who were actually there know the truth anyway"

I don't know for sure, but after re-reading my last entry, and seeing this message, I'm led to believe that it's probably about me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. If the message is directed at me, then I find this rather amusing, because (A)I haven't even put up the official Columbia rant, which WAS going to be entirely about the apartment, the neighbors, and the landlady, (B) I REALLY don't know what it is that I'm supposedly lying about 3/4 of the time, because I really didn't talk to my old roommates much at all (generally limited to exchanges of about 4 sentences on a daily basis) and if I ever did bitch to them, it would have been about people that they didn't even really know, and (C)Half of the things I said in the last entry had nothing to do with the Columbia rant anyway, they were instead tangential references to a rant I had a couple months about about a cheese sandwich, and a rant that I haven't even begun to compose yet (which has nothing to do with the former roommates), because I don't see a need for it. I was not even going to start in on personal attacks, but if YOU want to make it personal, then FINE. THE GLOVES CAN COME OFF ANY TIME YOU WANT, SWEETHEART! You want to talk about the truth, then the truth is what will come out, because this indirect "if you read this" putting-it-out-there-but-not-putting-a-name-to-it horse shit is for the birds! You don't want to start, because this is a marathon I'm very capable of winning. And I don't even want to see that Mother-Theresa-I'm-better-than-you-but-I'll-be-a-martyr-crap, because I've never made myself out as a anything of the sort. And if I'm wrong then I'll say it.

While the message might not have been about me, I doubt it. If I'm way off base here, I'm sorry.

No comments: