Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I'm sorry Liz. I just haven't been infront of the computer much the last couple weeks. Here's an update for you.

-Met a girl. her name is Aaryn (wierd). She must be cool cause i spent 48 straight hours with her and we didn't try to kill each other. I'm afraid i'm just using her as a security blanket... haven't had the time/energy to contemplate though

-Grandfather is dieing. He's down to 120 pounds and is unable to talk. I'm dealing with it well, but the family is taking it really hard. My grandmother is his second wife so there are two families fighting over control of the situation. It's tough, I've been on the edge of tears for so long now. That's life though huh

-switched to the day shift at work. which is cool, but there is so much to do. I can't get much time to myself and i'm pooped by the time i get home. It's kinda scary cause i don't know everything i need to to do the job well, so I'm becoming a thorn to the people around me. Luckily I learn quickly.

-Friends from the past have recently come back into my life. Which is cool. A buddy I hadn't talked to in 3 years invited me out a couple weeks ago and we've been going to gym together ever since. He's the only person of real importance, but I've talked to 4 other people I hadn't seen since high school in as many weeks. Through these contacts I've found many bars i didn't even know existed. Hooray beer!

-Went through 1600 bucks last time i was in NYC(3 or 4 weeks ago) and still haven't recovered. So my diet has been downgraded to beer and raman only. I've found it a great way to loose weight though and have dropped to just under 200 pounds. I'm pretty sure that's a healthy weight for someone of my height (6'2" or 3").

-Lastly, while all this is going on I've been playing referee in some twisted game of wits inwhich there are three teams: Mom, Dad and brother. My brother decided he'd rather live with mom than suffer through his teen years with dad. Dad is hurt, as he should be, and has taken an aggressive approach to the situation. Mom has been forced into playing an aggressive defense and neither will talk to the other at this point. My brother has been chastised by everyone 'cause he spent the entire summer sitting on his butt instead of finding a job. Of course i'm the only person who hasn't pissed anyone off so i'm forced to pass messages and pacify egos.

I don't know. I guess everyone has things like this going on in their lives. I'm dealing as well as I can, just feel spread kinda thin. I'll call ya chica.

No comments: