Sunday, July 11, 2004

Well well well... Welcome back to the Happy Hour, children! I hope that everyone else had a stupendous weekend. I know I did. Friday night was a pleasant night in, time to watch a couple movies, paint, etc. I stayed up late to work on the Faith project, and got up to go to work on Saturday. C had a headache, so I had the joy of the old commute on the train and the bus. I arrived at Evanston, and within 10 minutes, we were done, so we went out to the Virus (Niles West) and we kinda putzed around until lunch time. While at lunch, Nate called, convinced that we were deliberately avoiding him... After missing him once again at lunch time (which only fueled his suspicions of avoidance) we met up at Niles and got some actual work done. About that time C showed up because she was just THAT BORED. We had some laughs, made Chris crazy for a little bit, found out that Nate apparently does not have a bellybutton, and at 3:30 I took off. I ran to Jewel for some liquor, took a shower, and got a nap in, so I could be fully charged for the impending night out. Jennie and company went out to dinner, C crapped out on us to go and do RA stuff, and I waited for Nate... And then I waited some more... And when I thought I was done waiting, I waited some more. Things being the way they are in Alabama, and getting a rather grim update didn't improve my mood and desire to go out. But after a couple of phone calls, it was time for me to get out to the bar, and get drinkin! After completely missing the free beverages at HiTops, Nate magically appeared and we all met up at Barleycorn's. (Apparently SOMEONE forgot to set an alarm, and didn't even wake up until 9:45) In spite of the late start, we still had a very good time. After several rounds, and lots of laughs, we were of the opinion that it was time to move on. So we walked down to O'Hagans, but decided to forego O'Hagans and go to some other place down on Belmont. We had a round, and someone decided that we needed to go get some food. So we walked down to Clark's and as soon as they were ready to seat us everyone crapped out on us, so Nate and I were the only ones left, but we had a decent meal, and a nice conversation, and at about 3 we decided to call it a night. It wasn't a rockstar effort, but still a very good time! High quality all around.

I'm going to steal Jennie's Brian!! He's a doll!

QOTD
7.11.04 -
Bret: "Hey Liz, can I call you Jiz?"
Liz: "Yeah, you can call me Jiz, but only if I get to call you Bertie"
Bret: "Bertie? That means I get to call someone else TALKIE! We're quite a group, Jiz, Talkie and Bertie!"

7.12.04 - "Here, hold my wallet and my keys, I'll hold my boobs and run!" ~Jennifer

No comments: