Friday, July 09, 2004

Work today was a riot. Very little actual work was done, but there was a lot of laughter. The highlight of the day came pretty late when we were out at Niles (also known as "The War Zone") after significant rain impeded our efforts, we elected to make signs and such to pass the time. So when the time came to put the signs up, Nate climbed up on the racks, and put the tape on his bottom lip so that he could use both hands to put the sign up... While this doesn't seem nearly as funny in print, seeing a guy with a large roll of tape dangling from his bottom lip actually is quite amusing. As if I was not already amused enough, the time came for Nate to use the tape and he tried to pull it off. This presented a bit of a problem. As he began to peel the tape off, panic set in. Nate's bottom lip is coming down, his eyes are bugging out, and the laughter begins. By the time I realize that he has pulled off part of his lip, drawn blood, and is apparently very near being in tears, I am literally on the floor, rolling with laughter, laughing so hard I'm crying and nearly wetting my pants! I had to apologize later for laughing at the poor guy because he was in pain, and he did draw blood.

I think I'm forgiven. And if I'm not forgiven today, then tomorrow I will be for sure, because he's coming over for a few rounds on Winona, and then we're going out to get obliterated. I look forward to these things. (I look forward to them quite a lot!) The down side to today was that the idiots at Home Depot-Evanston sold my orchid, even after I expressly told them that I was coming back for it, and I put it inside the cash register kiosk. BASTARDS! And the true low point of the day came just after work when I got a call from Ashlei. All was going well, and then she dropped the bomb on me. She is not returning in the fall. Instead she will be going to Bowling Green. This makes me very very sad. We will miss her immensely. It would have been easier to take if there had been some kind of indication that she was even thinking about transferring, and if she had told me sooner after the decision was made. I understand and accept that her happiness comes first, but that doesn't mean that we won't miss her like the dickens. Fortunately she will be visiting next weekend, and several more times throughout the coming year if all goes according to plan.

Poor Faith's condition has been rapidly deteriorating, so the need to get to work on the painting has become greater than ever. (That is, in fact, how I'm spending my evening tonight) I also have other projects lined up for my brother, my oldest sister Becky, Mark, Rachel, my mom, and one for the new apartment... So with that laundry list of things to work on, I better get going on those! You kids behave and I'll let you know how things go.

QOTD
7.10.04 - "Well if it hasn't already happened, you will lose every remaining ounce of respect once we go out drinkin' on Saturday." ~Nate

No comments: