Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I'm glad that I didn't immediately launch a personal attack on Erin and Emily yesterday evening like I really wanted to. Because today I gave it some thought, and you know what, it's not worth it. I had a conversation with Erin yesterday evening that informed me that the away message she had up was not about me, but based on the rest of that conversation, it might as well have been. Basically she informed me that it was obvious that we were not friends anymore, even while we were living together. (This actually was news to me) Yes, it was obvious that we were not close friends, but I'd still have called both of them friends. And while I have thought better of it all, and have decided I am not going to launch a personal attack on here and hash out all my grievances, I will say that I put forth a consistent effort to better our friendship, but was so consistently rebuffed that it became quite obvious that they were not interested in being better friends with me. But still, that's not what this is about. This entry is to announce that there is no real animosity here, and what happened, happened. It was all just a lot of the same petty bullshit that happens to other people every day when they live together. It's not going to benefit any of us to air things out on here, and it's not worth it to me to be petty and catty over things that are already history. I'm going to let bygones be bygones, and drop the matter. I think they are both talented, intelligent girls, and I wish both of them the best... In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

The Columbia rant will still go up as originally planned. It will consist of basic gripes about the old apartment, and landlady, not about the roommates. Plan on seeing it either this weekend, or early next week.


QOTD
7.6.04 -
Liz: Well, generally, if anything goes wrong, I blame you.
Nate: You blame me?
Liz: Yeah, it's because things here are usually your fault.
Nate: yeah, well, I've come to the conclusion that pretty much everything REALLY IS my fault anyway, so that actually works out quite well.

No comments: