Monday, July 19, 2004

There are a lot of things that really confuse me. Boys for example. They are by far the top on my list of confusing things. They claim to be such simple creatures, but nothing could be further from the truth. Take for example the fact that for a little while now, I was in a personal drought where I couldn't get a decent looking guy to even look in my general direction, but now all of a sudden I've got boys out the wazoo. I don't get how I'm repulsive for so long and all of a sudden I've got like 5 guys vying for my attention. And doesn't it just figure that I hit a good stride less than a week before I'm due to go home for an extended period of time? I think that's just my luck. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that.
 
Another thing that confuses me is how to deal with an insult when it comes from someone who is supposed to be my friend. (I'm sure that she'll read this, so I'm not even going to try and dance around the name) I was actually quite insulted when Rachel called me this evening to find out about the finish of the Cubs game. I was not offended that she called, but when the conversation turned to her having to work in the morning, she called me a "lazy-ass" and I resent that quite a lot. I understand that Rachel has two jobs right now, and that I'm not working at this particular moment (Because I CHOSE to take a week off before going home,) but she called me a LAZY ASS! And I'm not gonna lie, that kinda pissed me off. And while I only took exception to it while we were on the phone, the more I thought about it, the more upset it made me. Maybe it's just me. I don't know.
 
Anyway, I've supposedly got a date with Phil tomorrow, and I'm also supposed to see Alana late in the evening because she is coming to the city for the VanHalen concert. (which I had a chance to get tickets to, but couldn't because they were a bit out of my price range at the moment... and that's another pisser!) I might use that to get out of the date, because I really don't see this Phil thing going anywhere... But if the date starts off well enough, then I think Alana would understand if I spent the evening seeing where that goes. She's awesome like that!
 
Side note: Since I had a job for another week, I'll do the Columbia rant THIS WEEK... IT WILL BE UP BEFORE I GO HOME!




No comments: