Saturday, July 31, 2004

Well, I spent my day in a leisurely way... Got up LATE, went shopping with momma, did lunch, ran a couple errands, watched season one of Sex and the City, and talked to a few people before composing the daily blog entry. After talking to my mom about the newest blog members, she posed an interesting question: What does someone have to do to be a member? Very good question Miss Becky. Very good question indeed...

So that got me thinking. I talk to almost all my members on a regular basis, so I know it's not like they've fallen off the face of the earth. And I understand that you kids are VERY busy folks with wonderfully rich and meaningful lives, but here's the thing... I started this thing as an outlet for me to entertain others, and I invited others into the process so that I could also be entertained. (And while I will admit that I do get a great deal of entertainment from the comments I get from my regular readers, and I admit that a few people who I've been introduced to at parties and whatnot who have said "Oh, you're the girl who writes up Liz's Fun Time Happy Hour... I love that! My friend showed me, and it's so funny, I read it every day!" which I do find a little flattering and a little weird... Only because people who have never met me are keeping tabs on me daily, but I digress.)

So anyway, I ask myself, what am I requiring of my contributors? The fact is that I originally placed no constraints on how much or how little my friends and co-conspirators would put in, because I wanted this to be a fun, laid-back thing that people enjoyed reading and jointly PARTICIPATING in! So here's the thing... I looked at the situation with my poor dear Dave. If Dave can find the time to read my recent mangle of thoughts, and compose an entry in spite of all his assorted family drama, surely my other members can pry themselves away from their business for 5 minutes to drop a line or two on the blog, right? I mean, I'm not asking for a once-a-day commitment or anything. Hell if I were to get one entry a week from all the people who have been invited to publish posts, I'd be tickled pink... I'd be beside myself! But the fact is that I don't expect that now either. (But I don't think that between 5 and 15 minutes a week would be too much to ask...) At this point I'll say that I'll take whatever I can get, but that's only because I know a lot of my contributors don't have access to cable internet during the summer, and I don't wish dial-up internet usage on anyone! But once summer ends, I'm putting the smack down kids! Believe it!

I don't want this turning into a full-on rant, so I'll just quit while I'm ahead. Wear a lifejacket when boating or participating in other watersports, always swim with a buddy, and enjoy the quote of the day!

QOTD
8.2.04 - "I hate you and your choco-cremes! But my ass thanks you, because it was just telling me the other day that it needed something else to hold onto!" ~ Becky

(Oh, and for those of you who don't know what choco-cremes are, you're missing out on a thin slice of heaven, so come to the Ville and give them a try sometime!)

No comments: