Thursday, July 15, 2004

Well good evening all, after being without internet access for the better part of 3 days (which is maddening for someone like me, who has a very serious internet addiction,) the internet is FINALLY back on! In the meantime, my few loyal readers have called in complaints of going through blog withdrawal. (My own mother called in a complaint, despite talking to me on the phone every day... ) What can I say to that?  I don't know... But I'm back now, so take a couple of deep breaths to calm down and compose yourself. It's all going to be ok. I PROMISE. So the last few days have treated me kindly.  I had Monday, Tuesday, and today off! It has afforded me some time to go to the beach, shop, and paint (three things that you all know I LOVE!!)  I also took some time out to schedule my trip home, scheduled my visit with Cousin Tarreck (and scheduled in a Cubs game!) and found out that I'm going to be an aunt again! My oldest sister is preggers again! YAAAAAY!
 
 So tomorrow is Friday, which means it's pay day, and almost my last day of work! Yep, that's right, Saturday is it for my flower slingin' days this summer! So Saturday night we're celebrating! Alana will be in town, Ben will be coming over, Jen will be around, and I'll see if Nate-y-kins and company would be willing to try again at that rockstar effort. (This will only fuel the rumors of my attempts at boss seduction, I'm sure, but I'll risk it!) 
 
During the internet outage, we also saw the this year's Midsummer Classic... Better known to the masses as the MLB All Star Game! The AL with their Yankee-fied manufactured team won the rights to home field advantage over the real players of the NL. I guess I should mention that Bill Simmons wrote an article singing the praises of Houston... Yes, that's right! He hated it only a few short months ago, and now he loves it... I guess that's what a Superbowl win will do for you. Here's a link to the full article, but I'll just give you my favorite part here: "One other highlight: When Sarah Silverman was asked the old, 'All right, if you could make out with anyone playing in the game, who would it be?' question, she glanced around and saw [Matthew] Modine, Charlie [Maher] (Bachelorette reject), [Nick] Lachey and the Apprentice Guy, finally answering, 'I guess Ernie Banks.' These are the moments that should make the actual telecast." I should actually warn you, you won't really see a lot of the comedy in this article unless you have a basic knowledge of the old-school baseball players.
 
As for today, I slept in, went to the beach, came home and worked out, showered, napped, read, and watched my Cubbies cruise to victory over the Brewers. Laughed at some Craig Counsell batting, and as an important side note, I'll say that we are very troubled over the loss of Mark Prior, this time for elbow discomfort. Kyle also had a spotty inning with a sterling finish. That hippie needs a haircut like it's nobody's business though! He's not quite to Johnny Damon status of needing a haircut, but still...
 
Well, that's the recap for now... So here's the quote of the day!
 
QOTD
7.15.04 - (I had just finished answering a customer's question)
"Hey, uhh... Was he a he?" ~Chris K.
 


No comments: