Monday, August 22, 2005

Bartender, another... and make it a double. (AKA, Lizzle hits the bottle.)

Yup. I've been drinkin.

Don't know why. Don't really care. But I poured myself a lizzle-tini just for fun, and it went down so easily that I decided to have a couple more... and then I spilt half of one, and I couldn't just finish on a bad note of spillage, so another one was in order... and that's pretty much where I am now. (You know you love it.)

Yeah, I'm drinkin alone, which is kinda something that alcoholics do, but since I don't make a regular thing of it, I think I am ok. And to be honest, this is the first time I've had enough to drink to generate a buzz in quite some time. (Man those lizzle-tinis go down easy.)

So other than tonight I'm sure you are all asking yourselves, "WOW, I REALLY WONDER WHAT LIZ DID ALL WEEKEND!!!"

The answer to your enthusiastic query is A FAT LOT OF NOTHING. It is very sad, I know.

Friday I decided not to go out with Mendez because she has a tendency to show up 4 hours late, have one drink, and bail.

Saturday night I was supposed to go out with Beth who was visiting from Madison (Or the M.G... but whatever) but she had a headache or some shit, so we didn't go out.

Today I went to lunch with Beth, did a little browsing in the downtown shops, and came home.

Since then I've had dinner, watched a movie, and had a few.... or several... drinks.

Nest weekend should be better... Tarreck is coming up to treat me to a Cubs game and most likely a good night out... (MJD, I hope we're still on!)

In the meantime I will get back to my beverage, and leave you kids to your own devices.

(Just a quick thought... What do you think my neighbors would do if I started running up and down the hall yelling "READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!!!!")

=================================================

I was also really proud of myself today because I won Michael K.'s caption contest for today!!! GO ME! (If you wanna see, go here, and look for the pic of the pig getting tattooed...) He does it every day, and today was the first time I've ever won!! I ROCK AT LIFE!!!!

=================================================

QOTD

Liz: "I've already picked a grad school..."
Beth: "Oh? Where do you wanna go?"
Liz: "UAB."
Beth: "ALABAMA????"
Liz: "Yeah, Alabama... Birmingham. I have family there."
Beth: "Really? Do they have all their teeth? Do they have mullets?"
Liz: "They have not consummated any relationships with family members, they aren't missing any teeth, they don't have mullets, and they don't live in trailers..."
Beth: "WOW... I guess I'm making generalizations... But really, Alabama? ...I guess it could be worse. At least you didn't say Mississippi"

No comments: