Thursday, October 19, 2006

A little love...

I must say, that I was touched by your comments on that last post. I'm glad that you all know I'm still around, even if I've had to resort to lurking. I'm glad you still love me, even when I don't love myself. And I love that you don't think I'm an asshole, even though I know better! You are all very sweet! (And no Brenda, as much as I do love you, I'm not doing your dishes! I don't even want to do my dishes on a daily basis. I only deal with mine because they are already here, and because I know if I don't deal with them they will stink up the place, and make me look like a hethen/slob to house guests... and that's part of being an adult isn't it? If you really don't want to do them that badly, then throw them all out, and go get a new set at Target! Thirty bucks, problem solved!)

And since I'm talking about love, and being an adult, and spending money, I'll go ahead and declare that today I decided that since I'm an adult, and I love myself enough, I was going to spend a little money on myself. (Forgive me here, this paragraph is all about my self-indulgence. I admit that you might call me a spoiled brat when you read what comes next, but I will shank you until you come to terms with the fact that I AM WORTH IT!) And so I bought myself a $600.00 cashmere coat. Because. I'm. worth. it! And I've been needing a full length coat for a long time. Those of you who know me well know that as much as I love myself, I didn't spend $600.00 on a coat. After all, I'm no celebrity, or trust fund baby, or the kept woman of some benevolent sugar daddy. (Although... now that I get to thinking about it, I need to really look into getting one of those for myself. I know I'm worth that!) No, I went shopping on my lunch break, and Nordstrom was having a tag sale. I got my beautiful new coat for 25% of the original price. Yeah. I got a full length cashmere coat for $150. And once again, I declared my supremacy over the retailers of the world. And let me tell you that $600.00 coat looks great and feels incredible on a girl who was about $30.00 from the bottom of the barrel a very short while ago. And to be honest, after going that long without being able to get anything for myself other than food (I use the term "food" loosely, because I am NOT lying when I tell you that I resorted to college food budgeting at a certain point fairly early on and bought a case of ramen noodles for $2.00 ... And I'm not entirely sure that ramen qualifies as food... but I digress,) anyway, I felt like a little self-indulgence on that first big paycheck was in order. (Wow, rereading over that paragraph is a total stream of consciousness experience.) Call me what you will. I will still call myself AWESOME! And now I'm AWESOME and WARM in my new coat.

Some of you out there are saying, "But Lizzle, you could have bought a much cheaper coat and given the rest of that money to charity!" And you're right. I could have bought a cheaper coat. But you're not going to find many full-length winter coats for less than $100. ...Well, you might, but then you're going to encounter at least one, if not both of the following problems; A) It's not going to be classically stylish and be out of style next year, or B) It's going to be poor quality and fall apart on you. Either way you're going to have to get another coat next year, and spend that charity money you had all socked away for those poor starving African kids, and so we're right back where we began. Only in my scenario, I look hot, and am staying warm now. Yeah, I win. Because like I've been telling you,

I'M AWESOME. (Which is why you kids keep coming back here!) Oh yeah, and for the record, I do charitable works too, I just don't make a big ordeal out of it, because I think charity should be because you want to do it, not because you want recognition for it.

I'm going to quit yammering on and wasting your Friday now.

Go play!

No, seriously, GO PLAY!

No comments: