Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why I'm an awful person...

Bound for hell for sure, today I said something that surely signed the mortgage papers for a few more acres in hell...

Upon hearing the news about the small plane flying into a building in New York, I joked that "We can't be doing this on the 11th of every month. Especially considering I'm an 11th day baby! It pulls the focus off of me on my birthday, and that just can't happen!" I TOTALLY MEANT IT AS A JOKE. (Because, in case you can't tell from the birthday posts, I really didn't give a damn about my birthday.)

Upon further discussion, and finding out it was a Yankee pitcher who flew the plane into the building, I truly sealed my firey hellish fate...

I said, "Well, hell, he must've been really beating himself up about losing in the playoffs. I don't think getting trounced by the Tigers was worth flying a plane into a building over, but what do I know?"

And then I compounded the searing hell fire by adding, "Well if his pitching aim was as bad as his flying aim, I guess it's not such a surprise that they're out of the playoffs."

God I'm such an insensitive asshole.

Go ahead and judge me. I said it. I own it.

No comments: