Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm back from vacationing in Orlando/Guam. I'm sure that you were all missing me immensely, and that you occupied your time playing tiddlywinks and anxiously awaiting my return. So here I am, in much better sorts and ready to recount the details of my adventure!

In the interest of story-telling continuity, I’ll just do this chronologically and I’ll try to keep the daily play-by-play to a minimum so as to keep from boring you all to death.

Last Friday I went out to Schaumpton (a.k.a. Schaumburg) to stay at Alana’s. We planned on going out to the bars in the Schaum, but when all was said and done, we ended up watching home video of some very young little Stephansens frolicking about… (Alana did in fact have a haircut that led me to believe that she was at one time a boy… but even then she was a cute boy and she is fortunately a girl at present!) And we played charades. (We ladies kicked some serious ass at charades!)

Saturday we got up, went to the airport, spent much of the day waiting, flying, renting a van, and getting to our vacation destination. After dinner and a little time in the pool, it was time for bed.

Sunday we went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure where we spent the bulk of the day walking around, riding the rides, and having a very pleasant first full day of vacation.

Monday was also spent at Universal.

Tuesday we opted for a change of pace and went to Wet n’ Wild water park which was a tremendously good time as well… it could have been slightly improved by a little more sun, but still a good time! Tuesday night we went to Margaritaville for a few drinks, and we danced with some old guys because … well, I don’t know why we danced with old guys, but we still had a good time.

Wednesday was a kind of a day off of sorts. We hung around the pool and we just took it easy for a little while… because walking many miles every day for three days and then following that up with all too many stairs and extended periods of swimming in a wave pool for several hours at the water park tends to wear you out! (We all needed a little vacation from our vacation!)

Thursday we went mini-golfing (because what’s a trip to Florida without a little golf?) We had a lovely dinner, and then after a little pre-drinking at home Alana and I headed out to City Walk. (*More on this later,) (but it should be mentioned at this time that Orlando was also hosting the international home builders convention the same week as our vacation… so wherever we went there were LOTS of home builders and contractors with their Nextel phones on their belts…) We were invited to go fishing with some builders, but we decided to go shopping on Friday as we had originally planned.

So Friday we didn't fish... (we later found out that fishing was rained out anyway) and so I went and spent money I don’t have on stuff because it was cheap at the outlets! (Where else can I get super soft multi-functional brown fatty pants from Tommy Hilfiger for 15 bucks?)

Saturday morning we got up, got all our crap together and headed for the airport to catch our flight home.

And that’s my vacation! (Further details available upon request)

It was so awesome, I had so much fun, and I am so glad I went! We had a blast, the weather was beautiful and it was just what I needed to bust up the winter blahs.

================================

QOTD

1.8.05 - "NARWHAL!" ~ Alana (completely out of the blue)

1.9.05 - “My friends and I found an ID out in a creek, and they thought it looked like me, so for the week or so before I turned 21 I was Zack Morris!” ~Jeff

1.10.05 - (At Red Lobster over a king crab leg dinner)
Liz: "I saved the best piece for last, just look at the size of that last piece!"
Alana: "It's like a really big finger!"
Jeff: "It's like the Finger of GOD!"
Liz: "And what a delicious god he is!"

1.11.05 - "Does your narwhal come from Ireland?" ~Alana

1.12.05 - “Just remember, I’m Dr. Jeff from the planet Ba-donk-a-donk!” ~Jeff

1.13.05 - "I'm telling Ben!" ~ Everyone on the trip (kind of a running joke)

1.14.05 - "Hey guys, look! Ben joke!" ~ (Jeff pointing to a giant “Wolverine” in Universal) *This is funny because Ben has what he refers to as a “Man crush” on Hugh Jackman who plays Wolverine in the X-Men films (If Benny’s gonna have a man crush on anybody, I think Hugh is definitely one of the more respectable options.)

1.15.05 - "Well, dad, that's not fair, because we had to sit with you on the way up here, and Karla gets the aisle because of her knees, and of course you get the window because you're old..." ~Alana discussing the seating arrangements on the flight home

================================

*For those of you who were paying attention I noted that there was more to say about Thurday. (I did! Go back and see!) So... Think about it... read about what I did on Thursday and you tell me what happened...

You're on the right track!

You're getting warmer!!

Warmer!!

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!
THAT'S RIGHT KIDS!!
THE STREAK HAS MERCIFULLY ENDED!!!!!!!
OFFICIAL FINAL COUNTOF MAKEOUT-FREE DAYS:
178

=============================

That said, the QOTD for 1.16.05 is:

Wait, you mean to tell me your mom knows about the streak??? ~ Alana

================================

Dave has vanished off the face of the earth again. Why am I surprised by this?

================================

I no longer live by a Burger King... I live by a Burger Delights... WHAT THE FUCK IS A BURGER DELIGHTS???? I'm not sure how to feel about all of this!!!

No comments: