Tuesday, January 18, 2005

TOMMY NO LIKIE!!!

I don't know what this semester has in store for me, but if the first day is any indication, I DON'T LIKE IT!! It might have merely been the drugs (legal ones for my legitimate ailments) talking, but I can already say that I think at least two of the three classes I had today were total snoozes, and while the professor for the third class was somewhat entertaining, and it (3rd class) seems like it might be interesting, even the professor said it has the potential to be drier than the Sahara... so I'm doomed. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go, but the administration has finally figured it all out and informed the professors how to make my life hell by making attendance actually count. (They still can't count attendance itself as part of the grade, but they figure if you have unannounced writing assignments done in class, that you can't make up if you miss, worth 40% of the final grade then you kinda have to go... so they've essentially gutted my plans for half-assing my core classes as I'd originally planned.) In the wise words if Mr. Locker, "Well, CRAPOLA!"

================================

It's snowing. DOUBLE CRAPOLA!

================================

I just set my morning alarm for 8 AM. TRIPLE CRAPOLA!

================================

When I orignally started typing this up for you, I did have some very deep insight to offer up for your consideration. Something with regard to relationships... and since I decided to recount the events of my day for you first, I ended up losing it. Sorry.

So instead of offering up something brilliantly insightful about life and relationships, I'll give you my other insights for the day:
  1. If you are a woman living in Chicago during the winter and you care at all about putting a face on before leaving your place of residence in the morning, you better have a VERY waterproof mascara, otherwise you're going to end up looking like Courtney Love on a crack/alcohol/controlled substance binge.
  2. Nyquil tastes disgusting. I don't know what it is that they were shooting for with that flavor, but whatever it was, they missed. If they were aiming to cover up the taste of the medicine in it, they must have decided to mask it with a "special super medicine-y flavoring" ... Surely they can do better!
  3. In the words of Tyler Durden /Brad Pitt in "Fight Club" (based on the BRILLIANT book by the same name by Chuck Palahniuk) "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!" -- Similarly dressing in ugly, "fashionable" (in quotes because I still don't understand how ugly = high fashion) clothing does not make you a model, nor does it mean that you are Sarah Jessica Parker /Carrie Bradshaw of "Sex and the City". Sorry ladies. There are some things even SJP couldn't effectively pull off so you really shouldn't expect to either. Oh, and since you're not famous, you really don't really have a reason to dress like that. Here's a hint: There are not any paparazzi on our campus taking your picture, nobody gives a shit. So for the sake of all of us, and all the poor fuzzy little animals that were killed so that you could have fuzzy boots or a fuzzy collar, PLEASE STOP.
  4. I have a foot-fetishist from my hometown, who I don't personally know, after me... or at least he's after my feet. I'm not sure how to feel about this... Obviously I'm a bit weirded out by it, and I think that if the drought still stood intact I'd be giving this kind of flattery a little more consideration, but as it stands now, the streak is over, so I'm just kinda sticking with being weirded out.
  5. I think all of my best friends are diappearing off the face of the earth... something on the order of that movie "The Forgotten" ... First Dave, now Alana. I call, I write, I call again, I just try to check in to see if my good pals are getting by and having a good day, and they are nowhere to be found... sometimes for weeks on end! I suspect a massive conspiracy!
So those are my sustitute insights for the day... I hope you enjoyed them.

================================

QOTD
1.18.05 - " I don't mind studying art. I like art. I just don't like it with nearly as much enthusiasm before 11 AM" ~Me on having to get up BLOODY EARLY for art history because it's only offered BLOODY EARLY.

1.19.05 -
Becky: "If it is not too cold i will so go to hi-tops."
Liz: "What's the cold got to do with it? Free liquor is free liquor"
Becky: "I like drinking... it makes me all warm and fuzzy"
Liz: "Yeah, it's bad for the liver, but good for the soul! Oh, and for the record, you're warm and fuzzy because you're a mammal... not because you drink."
Becky: "Oh yeah."

No comments: