Friday, January 07, 2005

Well kids I'm on vacation! That means you won't be hearing from me until at least the 15th. I know this has you all teary-eyed, but while you sob hysterically and struggle to keep from hyperventilating, just calm down. Think of your old pal Lizzle on the white sandy beaches, or spending all day at Universal Studios... basically having all kinds of fun while you go to work.

When I come back, I promise I will bring you presents (in the form of entertaining posts about my trip)! And I will have lots of great quotes... as I am vacationing with three members of the weirdest/funniest/most wonderful family ever (except for my own of course... because we know my clan is pretty damn amusing.)

Since I'm bringing quotes back when I come home, I'll give you today's quote, and eight tracks of the day for the eight days I will be gone.

================================

QOTD
1.7.05
Liz: "I'm going on vacation!!!"
Mendez: "You are the hooker of the forest!"

(I still don't know why I'm the hooker of the forest, or where this forest is)

(And just so you know how sick my family's sense of humor is, here's a quote to grow on!)

"Well, I hope you enjoy the beach... You deserve it! Just don't let the tsunamis get you!" ~My mom

================================

TOTD (Oh and if you give any consideration to any of the tracks I recommend here, then please give the Corey Taylor track I suggested the other day a try! SERIOUSLY!)

Oleander - "I Walk Alone"

Linkin Park & Adema - "Giving In"

Nada Surf - "Popular" (Old one-hit wonder here!)

Nikka Costa - "Push & Pull"

Ryan Cabrera - "She's" (I know this is a very "pop" artist, but this song is so good!)

Louis Armstrong - "What a Wonderful World" (The Eva Cassidy version is also very high quality!)

Tricky - "Christiansands" (I don't know what it is about this song, but I keep coming back to it year after year)

Ghetto Boys - "Damn it Feels good to be a Gangsta"

================================

You know how I've been occasionally writing about things that all of a sudden come to mind, out of nowhere here lately? Well, I've got another one for you.

Today while at work I remembered being in the third grade, sitting in Mrs. Boutwell's classroom, writing pen pal letters, when one particular student asked to use the bathroom. (We'll call this student "Kid A" to protect his identity) Unfortunately for Mrs. Boutwell, Kid A really REALLY did have to use the restroom facilities. The result of a mean teacher's denial: A large puddle of urine on the floor/chair/carpet squares... and then there's poor little Adrienne Wuertz. Someone, while fleeing the ever-growing/spreading puddle, brushed a desk where her newly completed pen pal letter rested, and sent it slowly sailing down into a yellow puddle of disaster. (Hey, when you're a third grader, losing a three page pen pal letter in a particularly nasty puddle with no remnant of your rough draft remaining is a devastating experience.) I don't know what it is that keeps my weird little brain coming up with this random sampling of moments from my past... (I try telling you kids, I remember EVERYTHING)


No comments: