Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter in Schaum-Vegas

I'll keep things brief.

I did Easter in Schaumburg this year. It was a LOVELY time! (Thank you Stephansen family!)

Friday morning I headed out to Schaumpton and we had a lovely time visiting and whatnot before the drinking began. (about 7 PM) And so we drank and watched hoops... and then we went to the bar, where I learned I am a total dumbass because despite being 22 I came to find out that I forgot my ID back in the city. Fortunately it turned out to be a non-issue because the chick on the door decided to take a break from life...

Saturday we slept, A LOT. Watched hoops, and then... GET THIS!

WE WENT ROLLERSKATING!

Yes, you read that right! ROLLER SKATING! It was a great deal of fun... and just so you know, Yes the roller rink is still universally the same place, right down to the rectangular pizza and over-sweetened slushies... Even after all these years and over all these miles, some things just don't ever change! (Apparently roller-nazis are universal, too!)

We came home after rollerskating and watched a twisted re-make of Snow White... Sigourney Weaver, seven forest-dwelling miscreants or something... Long story short, someone was on large amounts of crack.

Sunday was Easter of course... where I was exposed to "lamb butter" (butter molded into the shape of a lamb) which probably makes me a hethen, but whatever.We then watched some more hoops and well, I'll just say it was once again not a good day for my bracket... oh well.

Monday morning rolled around and I came home... and here I am. I got my bocce balls, a couple of my books, a couple of hours at work... you know the routine!

Pictures are posted below.

================================

QOTD

3.27.05 - (Pulling into traffic on Sheridan Rd.)
"I hope nobody's comin'... oop, somebody's comin'!" ~Alana

2.28.05 - "Awwww, people with deformities are so nice!" ~Alana

3.29.05 - "Oh, I know why Larry wanted to date me, I was easy!" ~Kathy (Momma) Stephansen

No comments: