Saturday, March 12, 2005

HOLY COW!!! (And we know I, as a Cubs fan, don't play with those words!)

And we ain't talkin' Harry Caray's "HOLY COW" either! ...NOPE, we know how much weight Harry's "HOLY COW" carried with the Lizzle, and you know what, THIS WAS BIGGER!

Yes, it's Friday night/Saturday morning at approximately 3 AM. Yes, all the Loyola computers are still locked up in the semi-nazi state that is Loyola during any regular break in activity. And yes, I am posting now!

HOW CAN THIS BE!?!? You ask in an exclamitorily questioning fashion.

Well, I'll tell you. FRIDAY WAS ONE "HOLY COW" worthy day!
Let's recount for the masses, shall we:

  1. Momma rolled in at 10:30 Thursday night... despite expected exhaustion, momma decided to hang for a few more hours and watched 4 episodes of Sex and the City.
  2. Friday morning, after a well-deserved rest, momma drove (with me) to shop for a new, VASTLY IMPROVED computer... (and bonuses to be mentioned here in one moment)
  3. After making a tentative decision, we elected to think things over while doing lunch... (it was a BIG BIG decision after all)
  4. After lunch, we elected to go ahead and purchase a ROCKIN' new computer, an ASS-KICKIN' new Sony digital camera (as you will note with the addition of more pictures on this page!) as well as an extra memory card, camera case, ETC. ETC. ETC.
  5. I came home, unloaded Ski, new computer and other electronic equipment, etc, and found out the meaning of the word BLISS.
  6. I baked Alana's kick-ass ultra-fudgy birthday cake.
  7. Ate some of said birthday cake with Alana and mom.
  8. Watched more Sex and the City with mom
  9. Elected to take mom out to the bars to celebrate awesome day...
  10. Sat with momma, Ben, and Alana, celebrated birthday, drank, and talked about everyone's assorted gripes, and my father/mom's wedding night... in addition to other topics.
  11. MOMMA WAS ABLE (and willing!) TO HANG UNTIL LAST CALL!!!!!!!

We came home, I showered, momma went to bed, and I posted those lovely pictures and this entry for you kids. (Please be impressed!)

============================

QOTD (it should be noted that my mom rarely curses in my presence!)

3.8.05 - "Fucker!" ~Momma

3.9.05 - Liz: "He's an old fucker... he doesn't know how to park in the city anymore!"

Momma: "Damn right he's an old fucker"

(Side note: The last time this guy had to park, he was more concerned about having a place to tie up the horses who drove his covered wagon)

3.10.05 -(I was making fun of a guy who was parking in a handicapped space, despite his ability to walk with no apparent disability)
Liz: exceptional child voice: "Maybe he's mentally handicapped!"

Liz: Normal voice: "Jesus, and now, you see why I'm going straight to hell."

Momma: "You'll notice I was laughing, and I didn't reprimand you!"

3.11.05 -3.12.05 -(Because this one was a treasure enough to deserve two days!)

"You never forget fucking an elephant!" ~Momma!

============================

This was truly a day for the record books! (Because, while we all knew my momma rocked, we never knew she was rocking QUITE THIS MUCH!!!!!)

No comments: