Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I have a theory... and yes, I am still an asshole.

Today, on my way to class I passed a little old man who squeaked with every step he took. Admittedly, the following thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if that squeaking is from his artificial hip, or just his orthopedic shoes..."

I have my own theory, but I'm going to let you all wonder for yourselves.

================================

And yes, I am still an asshole.

A little back story: I was in my literary drama class this morning, admittedly doing a little last minute review for a history exam which was to follow immediately after... (not that it mattered because we were watching the movie of the play we had just read, and the play was written in movie script form.) But anyway, the professor had said at the begining of class that she intended to pass back our midterms at the end of the class period.

So we watched the movie, and I reviewed for history. After the movie ended there were approximately 30 minutes left in the 75 minute class period. The nameless professor then spent these 30 minutes babbling about an interview that two writers had done with the director of the movie version of the play we just read. (Read that again, just so we're clear.) Yes. She was babbling for the last 30 minutes of class about something several degrees removed from the actual play which is all that any of us were responsible for.

We only had to read the play. She got us to watch the movie. The director of that movie then did an interview with two writers. Nobody in class was aware of this interview, nor were we expected to read it or be aware of its contents... but for some reason it was THAT important.

So, at 12:45 the class period technically ends. It is now 12:45 when she switches gears to talk about the midterm. Most professors would take this time to say "The grades weren't as high as I hoped for, if you have any questions about the grading please read the notes I wrote in the margins and come see me if something isn't clear." And then they pass back the papers... Not this professor. No, she kept us 5 minutes into the between-class-break and was still babbling about technical problems with essays when I reached my breaking point. Yes, class ended at 12:45, and I sat patiently until 12:50 before I got mad... so at 12:50 I raised my hand. (And I said my version of what every other person in that room was thinking but lacked the nuts to say)

Prof: (Responding to my raised hand,) "You have a question? Yes?"
Liz: "No, I have a test in my next class, and I need to go."
Prof: "Your test begins at 12:45?"
Liz: "No, if that were the case I'd already be late. My test starts at 1:00, but I've still got to get over to that class."
Prof: "Well you can go then."

I then stood up, made my way to the front of the room and asked her for my midterm... Yeah, that's right, after all that I still had the nuts to stand in front of all my classmates and collect my test before leaving while they all sat there, still waiting for her to finish her extended lecture. I then walked out as she kept talking and began to pass exams to the rest of the class. (I am such a hard ass!)

It's not my fault that I get impatient when I have other shit to do and someone is already keeping me beyond their allotted time.

If this makes me an asshole, then so be it.

================================

I wrecked shop on my history test, in case you care.

================================

I owe MelJoy and her giant ego five dollars.

================================

I have the cutest little neighbor boy in the whole world! Anthony is WAY cuter than your neighbor boy!)

================================

QOTD

3.30.05 - "Mel went to science camp? I bet that bitch also went to frickin NASA for space camp! OOOOH, now that I think about it, I'd give my left tit to go to space camp!" ~Jaimie

================================

I've gotten a few complaints/concerned messages about the way the blog has been loading for people lately. So once again, for clarification, if the page is not loading correctly in Netscape or AOL, or some other browser, then please try using the Firefox browser... Firefox is a more secure browser anyway, and it has never failed to properly display the blog. I appreciate your concerns but if you're not going to pay attention when I tell you things, then I don't know why I even bother.

No comments: