Sunday, March 13, 2005

People keep asking me how my spring break was, and my response is always the same. It was INTERESTING. Some good, some bad. It was a mixed bag.

Ok, so, here's the quick spring break re-cap for the masses, (some of you kids were privvy to further details about the nonsense)

3.4 - took 2 midterms, turned in a paper, became an aunt again, went out to celebrate.
3.5 - slacked for much of the day.
3.6 - sick... went to grocery, had Holly over for beer and conversation
3.7 - sick.
3.8 - sick.
3.9 - feeling better, painted, slacked, went to wrigleyville for wings and drink specials, was disappointed by J-Dub once again. (insert angry face here)
3.10 - slacked for much of the day, momma came for a visit (insert happy face here)
3.11 - momma bought me my new computer and digital camera,(insert VERY VERY happy face here) I baked Alana's birthday cake, and then we took momma out to the Southport bars that we all know I love so much.
3.12- Went shopping with mom, hung out with Maria, planned on going out with Mendez, (but since she paid for her plane ticket with enchiladas, the airline brought her, but not her bag, we stayed in.) *Mendez, momma was very disappointed that she missed you.
3.13 - Let momma go home, (insert sad face here.) It's Alana's REAL birthday! (but since she's sick we're not doing anything today... poor Alana goes another year without attending the southside St. Patrick's day parade.)

Now that we've got that covered, on with the regular post.

============================

I've been watching Good Will Hunting while composing this post, and I was thinking about all the people I know who have such polar responses to this movie... they either love it or they hate it. (A lot of them blame Minnie Driver for ruining it... but whatever) The fact is that I can't watch it without thinking of Lance LeClere (a boy who went to my highschool, and whose little brother was in my graduating class) because we had an art class together and he would come in every day and say "Do you like apples? ... Well I got her number, how do you like them apples?" I was a freshman in high school when he did that...

Weird how some random shit sticks with you...

============================

Speaking of random shit, I heard from Katie Keown the other day. I was sitting on the futon, awaiting my mom's arrival and I got a text message on my phone (because I didn't have my new computer yet) and it was from Katie. It said "I miss you"

Now it should be noted that while I did go to grade school and high school with Katie, and I played on sports teams with her etc, our friendship was often tenuous and somewhat adversarial at best. I found it quite strange that she would randomly message me to say she missed me, so, thinking that she might have accidentally clicked the wrong name or something, I replied, "Me???" To which she replied, "Yes, just wanted to say HI."

I was shocked by all of this... to be quite honest I don't give much thought to the people I went to high school with, and I didn't think they gave much thought to me, but apparently I am missed... that's really a nice thing to know!

=================================

I have also come to the realization that boys are absolutely totally and completely devoid of reason. (More on this later)

No comments: