Thursday, March 03, 2005

The other night, after watching a whole season of Sex and the City, I went to bed at 2:30. I figured I'd be alright going to bed at 2:30 because my first class wasn't until 11:30. So there I am, soundly sleeping, and at 5:13 a sound roughly equivalent to a nuclear bomb going off wakes me from my peaceful slumber... Turns out, Jennifer's rather rickety bookshelf just couldn't handle the pain of existing anymore, and decided to collapse into my doorframe before totally disintegrating and spilling its entire contents all over the floor of the livingroom and hallway where it once stood. Jen walks out of her room and says "I wasn't quite sure if I really heard antthing!" Whereas I heard the noise and was quite sure that the world was coming to an end.
So after a quick cleanup and book-stacking party, I went back to bed... or tried to anyway. Coupling the heart palpitations that a noise like that will induce with the annoyance of upstairs neighbors who seemingly never rest, stop moving, or sleep, and you get the idea.

Yes, it seems strangely clear to me that I am destined to forever attract upstairs neighbors who produce all manner of obnoxious noises at all hours of the day and night. On Columbia, I lived under "The boots" then I moved to Winona, where I lived under an amazonian tap dancer / drummer extraordinaire. Once she moved out we gained our most recent addition, three restless lesbians. I'm not kidding... they NEVER stop moving. I hear them walking (in heels) at 2:30 when I go to bed, at 5AM when a bookshelf awakens me, at 8:30 and 11:00 AM when I am getting ready to walk out the door for class... THEY NEVER STOP. These women are seriously in perpetual motion! It's partially impressive that they are so easily able to wear heels all the time, but mostly just annoying because it NEVER ends.

In the words of another famous lesbian, Susan Powter: "Stop the insanity!"

============================

A few quick tidbits for you:
  1. Jamie's quote has been updated, scroll down and check it out!
  2. That judge, the one who's family was executed, yeah, well that was in my hood. I live a block away from her.
  3. While I haven't put away any white supremacists lately, I am still kinda scared to know that something like that happened so close to my house!
  4. I am a sick monkey... midterms and illness don't mix well!
  5. Pat Schultz is on the facebook... how awesome is that!

============================

QOTD

3.3.05 - "That's a big book! Any time you have a book that big, it needs to be thrown at the professor's head!" ~Jake

No comments: