Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Another year older ... and none the wiser

Yeah, yesterday I quietly got another year older... And I do mean quietly.

I didn't go out for so much as a birthday dinner, or a birthday drink.

How did I celebrate my birthday?

I did laundry. I cleaned my apartment. I read a book and drank 2 glasses of red wine.

Yep. I'm old, and that's how old people celebrate their birthdays, by doing ordinary things that could be done any other day.

I didn't make any plans because I was supposed to have a meeting from 8 PM until 10 PM, but when my boss called me at 5 PM, she told me that there was no meeting. So then I was left with no meeting, and no plans.

Mendez had said she was going to come over at some point in the afternoon, but she never showed, and she didn't call. (Yeah Nenny, I'm salty enough to call you out on it!)

So that was my birthday in a nutshell. Just another day in the life.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

So, I do not really suppose this is likely to work.
link