Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ok, bitches, call off the suicide watch!

Yeah, so I was a really miserable, grumpy bugger for a while there... REALLY miserable. So much so that people who know me well were concerned for my well-being. I know it's been showing up in the writing lately... if only because the cynical edge was just that much sharper, and the acid tongue was just a little more acidic. Basically I have hated the world for the last couple of weeks.

Today I got up and decided I was going to stop this mess and be happy. So I got out of bed, I got dressed in clothes that made me vaguely resemble a soccer mom (not trendy or funky, but a littly on the frumpy side for me... but that doesn't really matter...) I went to Jewel, I bought flowers for the two people in Chicago who have kept me from doing serious harm to myself or others, I put the flowers in little vases, I wrote up a couple of cards, I slapped a smile on my face, and I headed out to face the day.

In other words, for the past couple weeks I had the job of being a miserable grump, and today I got up and said, "Fuck that bullshit, I quit!"

And now I feel infinitely better!

I called my mom, because she was the one who was probably the most concerned for me, and I told her I was all better, so she could stop worrying, and that made her happy... the conversation went something like this:

[ring, ring, ring]
Mom: "Dr. Craig's office, this is Becky, may I help you?"
Me: "I've decided to stop being a grump."
Mom: "Oh, ok... Good. What made you decide that?"
Me: "I figured out that it wasn't making me feel any better, so I'm just not going to do it anymore."
Mom: "Ok, great! I was very worried, you know!"
Me: "Yeah, I know... and I'd send you flowers for putting up with me, but that costs money, and as we all know I'm broke... I used to be broke and miserable, now I'm just broke."
Mom: "Yeah, don't worry about sending flowers..."
Me: "Ok."

I don't know why, but I thought you might like to know how the conversation went... You probably don't give a damn, but I don't care. You come here to read my senseless drivvel and that conversational tidbit just happens to be a part of what you get today, so if you don't like it, leave.

(I said I was over being a grump, I didn't say that you could get away with being lippy about the content!)

So then Anthony and I ran errands, and I spilled shit all over my favorite white shirt. (Anthony says that the fashion gods are punishing me for wearing white after Labor day...Bitches!)

And that pretty much brings you up to speed!

Tomorrow (Friday... because I know some of you bitches read this mess the day after it's freshly posted) the hunt for a "real job" begins. (I didn't want to let a job hunt ruin my first day back from misery.)

Anybody know someone who needs a little Lizzle in their lives? Preferrably someone who pays really well and offers great benefits for very little work... You know anybody like that? Let me know.

=================================================

I am trying to figure out what to be for Halloween. Any bright ideas? (Ones that won't cost me a huge sum of money are preferred)

=================================================

Markus, I have a picture to send you, but I have to get my computer back before I can send it, because the computers I have to use while mine is in the shop SUCK.

=================================================

MMMKAY bitches, that's all I've got for you right now... I heart you, though!

No comments: