Friday, October 14, 2005

Wow, I didn't think it was THAT bad...

Apparently I was doing considerably worse than even I had thought.

Last night, not long after I posted the entry that most of you read today, (Friday,) my father called. I don't mention my dad on here very often for a good reason... we don't talk much. And as a direct result of not talking to my dad much, it's very easy for me to say with no doubt whatsoever that he doesn't know me very well at all.

Sad, but true.

Well, dad had called on my birthday (Tuesday) to wish me well, (shocking because he actually remembered the day this year... likely only because I made him feel like an ass last year by reminding him of the date more than a week after it had passed... I'm cold like that.) So he called Tuesday, and I talked to him briefly, accepted his well wishes and got off the phone so that I could continue reading the book that I was so enjoying when I was interrupted by the phone.

And in an unprecendented move, he called again Thursday night, a mere 48 hours later! (This from a man who frequently goes more than two weeks without calling, and then complains that I never call...) He was calling just to check on me because he was worried.

WOW... my dad was calling because he was worried?!?! How can this be? He says that when he called on my birthday, he could tell I was really down and that it was significant enough to have him more than a little concerned.

Ok, so if dad could detect it, it must've been bad!

I don't think he really believed me when I told him that things were better now, and that there was no longer any need for concern.

Oh well. I'm not gonna let that ruin my day!

=================================================

The new video of the week is up! This week is Depeche Mode's latest foray into the musical lexicon, "Precious" ... so Check it out! IT'S A HOT TUNE!

=================================================

I hope you all have a delightful weekend! (Or, HAD a delightful weekend, depending on when you read this.)

=================================================

No comments: