Monday, October 17, 2005

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Yeah... I don't know either.

===================================================

I was talking to Mel today, and I mentioned that at least a small portion of today's post would be about cheese.

This got Mel very excited. Here's how it all went down:

Mel: "I haven't checked the blog today... Did you update it?"
Liz: "Not today, I updated it yesterday, and then I decided that at least a small portion of today's post will be about cheese."
Mel: "OOOH, REALLY? I had a lot of cheese this weekend... Parmesan... Mmmm!"
Liz: "Well, it's not a post about my love for cheese, just about cheese."
Mel: "Oh... ok... I still look forward to it."

So, anyway, about the cheese.

I was on the phone with Anthony while I was in the grocery store yesterday evening. He was ranting about his computer problems, and I was repeatedly telling him that he was not being at all helpful in assisting me in deciding what to get for dinner.

It was about this time that I walked past a display of cheese. I was a little unnerved by this display of cheese because it was not in a refrigerated section of the store.

I get very nervous about cheese that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Since I still had him on the phone, I decided to go ahead and ask Anthony if he was also made nervous by cheese that lacked any apparent need for refrigeration. He agreed.

So I am not entirely alone in my nervousness about unrefrigerated cheese.

I would like to know if there are more people out there who are similarly put-off by this unrefrigerated cheese phenomenon.

===================================================

I just created and added a poll to the sidebar to test the cheese question. (For those of you who refuse to download/use Firefox, you probably can't see the sidebar, so I'll instruct you to go ahead and scroll ALLLLLL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM, and respond to the poll question. It'll only take a second, and it won't cost anyone a penny!

===================================================

I was going through my friend's profiles and away messages, and I found this in the profile of a friend of mine... It's kind of cheesy, and perhaps a little trite, but I liked it. So even though it's not usually the kind of thing I post here, I thought I'd share it. (Because I don't believe in forwarding cheesy e-mails to people, I let them come here and read nonsense of their own volition, rather than cluttering their in-box with it.) Here Goes!

"Life comes with no guarantees. No time outs. No second chances. You just have to live life to the fullest. Laugh as much as you can. Spend all your money. Tell someone what they mean to you. Tell someone off. Speak out. Dance in the pouring rain. Hold someone's hand. Comfort a friend. Date someone totally wrong for you. Pig out. Fall asleep watching the sun come up. Stay up late. Be a flirt. Smile till your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love. Laugh until your stomach hurts. Tell the truth. Say no. Be random. Cry during a movie. Apologize. Live life. And most of all, live in the moment because when you look back someday you will know that you have no regrets. That is going to be what makes you smile, and that is what means the most."

No comments: