Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Dante got it right... Almost.

Yeah, if your high school English class was anything like mine, you probably had to read Dante's Inferno at some point. If you haven't had to read it, let me summarize... Hell is divided into 7 circles and the deeper the circle (the higher the number) the worse the damnation.

Well Dante was onto something. He got most of it right... The only revision I would have for him is to note that there are in fact 8 circles of hell. The 8th circle of hell is better known as L.A. Tan, (And to Dante's credit, tanning beds weren't invented yet when he wrote the book, so the 8th circle of hell had yet to be formed... he shoulda known better.)

The fact is that I have continually said that I am an evil person who does evil things, and because of my wretchedness, I will be going to hell.

I'm there.

Yes, that's right, the fine folks at L.A. Tan have me convinced that I am in fact IN HELL as we speak. It's amazing, I've finally realized that my version of hell is being cold all the time, and being forced to deal with the incompetence of others. (And this is my job.)

Yesterday after I wrote that post, I went into work... When I got there, I was informed that instead of sitting at the desk in the salon (which STILL has no heat) I was being forced to go out into the cold and rainy weather and put fliers on people's cars, and go to surrounding businesses and ask if I could leave our fliers for their customers. This is not my idea of fun, not is it what I signed on to do. These bitches need to get a clue.

I made it abundantly clear that I was REALLY not happy about doing it, but since they sign my paycheck, I did it.

I can't wait to find another job just so that I can walk into the salon and quote a line from one of my favorite movies. I will wait until someone pisses me off, which won't take very long at all, and I will look at them and say, "I hate this job. I HATE THIS GODDAMN JOB, AND I DON'T NEED IT!"

Some jobs you make connections and network, essentially building bridges... and sometimes you find those bridges take you places you don't want to go... those bridges you burn. And there are still other bridges that you frickin' blow up with plastic explosives and dynamite.

I'm currently in the market for a dynamite supplier.

No comments: