Monday, October 24, 2005

Oh, I am SO over this job...

This morning as I lay in bed at 9:30, my phone rings... Clearly someone who doesn't know the rules.

I look and see who it is. It's Liz. (My boss.) Here's the conversation:

Boss: "Liz? Where are you?"
Me: "At home. IN BED."
Boss: "Oh, so you don't work this morning?"
Me: "No, I have the closing shift today... I go in at 3."
Boss: "Oh, do happen to know who works this morning?"
Me: "No... someone other than me."
Boss: "Oh. Do you have the schedule on you?"
Me: "No. I'm IN BED."
Boss: "Oh, ok... well we have tried calling the salon and nobody is answering, and I didn't know who was supposed to be there, so we're calling everyone."
Me: "Well, it wasn't supposed to be me."
Boss: "Ok. I'll stop by later while you're there. Bye"

A few minutes pass... I was on the verge of being asleep again... and the phone rings. It's my other boss. Obviously she knows I talked to Liz already this morning, so she'll expect me to answer my phone... EWW.

Me: "Hello?"
Boss #2: "Hi, Liz, it's me, how's it going?"
Me: "It'd be going a lot better if I were still asleep like I'd hoped."
Boss #2: "Oh, ok, well, Cody was supposed to work this morning, but he's not answering at the salon, and he's not answering his cell phone."
Me: "Yeah?"
Boss #2: "Well, Liz has to work the Belmont salon, and I have classes, so we were wondering if you would go up and check on the salon and see what's going on."
Me: "Ummm, no."
Boss #2: "No?"
Me: "No, I can't go running up to the salon to check on it for you, I've got things to do this morning. (I was thinking ideally of SLEEP right at the top of my list.) I work at 3, and that's when I'll be going up to the salon."
Boss #2: "Oh.... Uhhh... Ok. Thanks anyway."
Me: "Yeah, sure thing. Bye."

These bitches are not paying me nearly enough to go check on the salon for them... especially given the fact that I don't have a car and I would've had to take two trains to go and "check on things" for them... And they don't let you on the train for free...

So I am convinced that these bitches are just TRYING to make me feel better about quitting, (and I'll tell you all a little secret. I sure as hell am not going to feel bad about it... and I'm highly doubting that I'm going to give them any "two-weeks notice" because those bitches fucked me over for over a month... so it won't break my heart to leave them high and dry for a couple weekd until they find some other sorry sucker.)

Welcome to the pit of hell that is my life!