Monday, October 10, 2005

Can't I just enjoy my latte in peace?

During a recent trip to starbucks (my one indulgence even though I am very broke...) I found that I had arrived on one of the nights when the joint was hosting one of it's "live music" nights. I was trying to make myself feel better by just going and reading a book, while sipping my vanilla latte... At the risk of sounding mean, I was glad I thought enough in advance to bring headphones.

I can say without any shred of doubt or uncertainty, these bitches are playing at starbucks for a reason... it's because starbucks has LOW LOW talent standards, and they obviously had nothing better to do with their time.

I am not kidding when I tell you that when I walked in, there was a man who was easily upwards of 70 years old, warbling bad covers of Beatles tunes. (Here's a hint grandpa, if you haven't made it big by now, there's probably a reason... give it up.)

He was followed by more, equally offensive assaults launched by much younger troubadours, and my latte-enjoyment was significantly compromised. Even listening to Springsteen on the headphones with the volume all the way up was not enough to drown out their musings.

I'm all for people following their dreams, but honestly pursue your dreams in places that don't involve me, and the enjoyment of my book and my $4 coffee beverage.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

No comments: