Monday, July 03, 2006

Just a quick rant...

I have had a few, and I plan on having quite a few more before all is said and done for the night.

But the thing is that I have had enough to go ahead and rant a little. I'll keep this brief, and I'll spell check it to make sure that the alcohol doesn't cloud the meaning of my warblings.

Ok, so the rant is this.

I know that I am one to bitch and moan when things don't go my way. Its one of my things. But at the same time, I am usually the first person to kick my own ass, and pick myself up by the bootstraps as soon as I possibly can... I am not one for wallowing. Wallowing doesn't serve any purpose other than to remind you just how miserable you are, and that's not fun.

By the same token, I am more than happy to offer a helping hand to others who are having a rough time of it if it is at all within my capabilities. I am ranting because I get frustrated with people who are content to continually wallow and whine about how wretched their lives are despite knowing that they are being offered means to get themselves out of it and make things better for themselves. (AND I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM THE ONE OFFERING TO HELP.) You can really only offer a helping hand and be refused so many times before you just have to call it a day and give it up... Because like the cliched saying says, you can't help those who aren't willing to help themselves.

Ok, I promised this would be brief and now I want to get back to my cocktail!

No comments: