Sunday, July 09, 2006

This was the wrong time to start thinking I'd eat right...

When I decided to start working out again and eating smarter, I failed to take into account that the Taste of Chicago was still going on.

Like any self respecting Chicagoan I attended the Taste and sampled the fare.


Turkey started things off with some saganaki... which is the fancy Greek term for fried cheese... But no matter what you call it, its still DEEEE-LISH!


I wasn't seeing anything that immediately caught my eye, so we strolled through the crowd towards the giant ferris wheel...


But then I saw what my real destination was intended to be! (Note the sun beaming over this mecca of sweet chocolatey goodness!)



And in the interest of preserving some remote semblance of health, I opted for strawberries (a healthful fruit,) topped with dark chocolate (which is good for the heart and rich in anti-oxidants!)


C opted for the milk chocolate rendition.


And of course, I had to feel sorry for the kid in the harness...


And for all you non Chicagoans, here's another of our fine landmarks, the Buckingham Fountain, which you may recognize from the opening credits of the sitcom Married With Children.


I also enjoyed some delightful crab legs, and a sampling of funnel cake... Seriously, who can try to eat wisely when you're surrounded by such spectacular temptations?

No comments: