Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well, there's good news and there's bad news...

Back in November I told you all that I had a big idea... and that I was trademarking that idea. Well, the time has come! The trademark has FINALLY come through. That's the good news.

The bad news is that given my recent/current employment situation, I have NO money to put into publicizing and developing the product.

For those of you who have spent the last few months anxiously awaiting the trademarked secret, I am going to reveal it to you NOW!

We trademarked the phrase, "I want to like you, but..." As in, "I want to like you, but you're an idiot." Or, "I want to like you, but I'm not that drunk yet!" Since we own the rights to the main phrase, we retain control over what it can and can't be paired with. (This protects us from a legal standpoint because we don't want people to pair it with racial/offensive social statements and then have some pissy soccer mom decide that she's offended so she's going to sue us so that her kid can go to college.)

We do have a LONG list of things that we plan on pairing with the trademark, and many of them had us wetting ourselves with laughter... So we're hoping that once we get some money to really get it out there that it will take off like mad.

You like it? You think I wasted money on the trademark? Let me know what you think! I'm anxious to have a dialogue about this... Now that I can finally talk about it!

In other important news, for those of you who don't already know, Project Runway has started it's third season, and I spent my evening watching and IMing with Marcia. For those of you who are interested, go click that link to Marcia... We felt the same way about most everything. I can't wait to see where this season goes!

No comments: