Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sleepless in Chicago...

I mentioned to you all a little while ago that my sleep cycle was all wonky lately. Well, after three days of that mess, I took a sleep aid, and slept at a reasonable time and got things back on track... Or so I thought.

With this recent heat, the times that I can sleep have been pretty much be summed up as fitful at best. And so the sleep cycle was once again thrown for a loop. So I tried to nip it in the bud by taking a sleep aid right off the bat. There's only one problem... IT DIDN'T FRICKIN WORK!!!

I took my normal prescription sleep aid at a reasonable hour, wrapped up what I was doing, and tried to catch some Z's... But the Z's didn't come. Instead of inducing sleep, I ended up just feeling funny... You know that point when you've had a heavy night of drinking, and you just want to sleep, but you can't? It's like the room is spinning and you just want it to stop so you can rest, and you know that if you'd had another drink before deciding to call it a night, you'd be passed out, but you know if you had another drink now, that in all likelihood you'd end up barfing up your dinner, and probably your soul... Well yeah, that's how I felt. And basically I didn't get the slightest bit of rest.

It's 6:37 AM and I haven't slept yet... nor do I feel tired enough to rest now.

This is WRETCHED.

No comments: