Thursday, August 10, 2006

An addition to the pantheon of the greatest videos ever recorded!

I found this a couple of days ago, and meant to post about it, and totally forgot. My sister Kim pointed it back out to me today, and so now I have every intention of giving this the attention it is due.

This ranks in the pantheon of great videos... And especially high among the low-budget videos!

The only videos that I can think of that rank higher in the pantheon for me are both by Fatboy Slim. The one for "Weapon of Choice" while not low-budget, is just beyond exquisite because it stars Christopher Walken. The other great being the original video for "Praise You" (Kim, I said it was "Rockafella Skank" in the e-mail to you, and well, I was wrong... But I tracked down the one I really meant for the post!) It's the master of the low-budget videos, because you know those hot dancing bitches donated their time and considerable talents just to say they were in the video and it makes me laugh EVERY TIME I watch it!!

Anyway, back to the reason we're all here, this video of Ok Go, please, watch and enjoy!!!



I think that while I kind of have them ranked for my own personal reference, inclusion in this category is more akin to those who can say that they have scaled Everest... Nobody climbs Everest higher than anyone else has climbed it, but those who have are a distinguished group who are among a special kind of elite.

Ok, I'll stop now.

No comments: