Monday, August 14, 2006

I blame Marcia...

The pink one herself posted about attending a wedding, and of course I read it, as I can't afford to do much else other than read blogs and apply for jobs. And then I talked to Marcia about weddings... And then I ended up looking at wedding dresses online.

Those of you who know me personally know how utterly ridiculous this is. It's ridiculous for the following reasons:
  • I am not in a relationship that is even remotely near generating a proposal... Actually, I'm not technically in a relationship at all.
  • I have never been in a relationship that was ever close to generating a proposal.
  • I am not now, nor have I ever been that girl who has been planning her wedding since the age of six.
  • I have not even attended a wedding in 4 years. (I am aware that this is a freakishly long time for someone my age to go without attending a wedding, and this doesn't at all mean that I don't know plenty of people who have gotten married, but let's not get into any of that... I'll only end up sounding bitter.)
The only reason I have even THOUGHT the word "wedding" at any point in the time since I was last in attendance at one is because my sister got engaged this spring. And I'm looking at wedding dresses? I might as well be lookin to purchase a baby koala, because my need for a baby koala is currently the rough equivalent to my need for a wedding dress! Don't mind me. I'll find another reason to have a big party with an open bar... And I won't need a damn poofy white dress to do it!

(But secretly, I really do want that damn poofy white dress.)

No comments: