Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Honda is onto something!!!

Ok, I get Honda's whole, "Hey, buy our cars, because they're very good for the environment, and if you change the oil every once in a great while, they will run FOREVER" thing... Really. The point has been made!!!

When I say Honda is onto something, I guess I should be more specific, because I'm not talking about the cars. I am talking about their ads! FOR REAL!! THEIR ADS ARE BRILLIANT!

A long time ago, I posted about this ad, which is a complex Rube Goldberg design built entirely out of car parts, which is insanely cool!



And then today I found a few from the current campaign that just really got me laughing (Which is important when you're in a job-searching funk like I am!)

There's this one, featuring a crab named Gil, which is an extended version of a commercial I'd seen before...

I just really love the, "I pinch!"



And then there's this one, featuring a platypus which I hadn't seen, but laughed heartily at!



And this one featuring an opossum which I also moderately enjoyed. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that opossum sound a little like Alec Baldwin in the very beginning, and a little more like Keith David there at the end... Hell, it probably really is Keith David!



And then there is this one featuring a rabbit, which I didn't find all that funny, until I considered that it is a pretty nice little tribute to Kelly and her broken foot right now! (Nello, you should've listened to the rabbit... he would've told you in advance about the between-toe chafing!)



You all probably
think I'm advocating the purchase of a Honda Pilot right about now, but really I'm not. I don't like them. I think they are ugly. But if that's your bag, it's cool. We can still be friends. I just like them because they give me a little giggle!!

In an unrelated note, I want to thank you all for your support, and positive thoughts, and to beg you to keep them coming! You are all some seriously hot bitches!

Keep it real, homies!!

No comments: