Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I think it's absolutely perverse, the amount of money that schools and professors expect us to spend on books. So much so that if I ever become a professor, I will not require a text... and if I gotta have a text, I will find the cheapest possible book that has a bit of relevance to my course, and then proceed to say it's drivel and teach solely from overheads and such ... either that or I just wouldn't use the university bookstore to order the books... price gouging bastards! All I've gotta say is that I understand how people can be thrust into the throes of a deep depresssion after buying text books for a semester... and then just when you think you're fully recovered, they send you back in to sell them back. Yeah, getting $12.50 back for a book you spent $125.00 for just four months earlier, and only ever read one little 30 page chapter from is my idea of a sound investment and a good time! I don't know what anybody else does to books when they read, but I know that I don't do anything that should de-value it to one tenth of original price. It should also be noted that I'll only get that $12.50 back if some jackass professor decides not to change books or update editions before next semester... in which case I've got a lovely $125.00 paperweight... and I don't know how anyone else feels about all this, but if I'm paying 125 bones for a paperweight, it better be made of gold, or gem-encrusted or something. Please excuse me whilst I use the pages of my depressingly-expensive books to paper-cut my wrists, or maybe I'll impail myself on one of those sharp, brand-spankin' new cover corners.

1 comment:

Humphry said...

Gosh, there's a lot of helpful information above!
leather wrap bracelet | business casual women | pictures of penguins