Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Today was another boring Tuesday. Then I went to the volleyball game... Remember when I said that me dressing all cute was because of a boy, and because I looked like bunk the day I saw him? Well it was at the volleyball game that I totally redeemed myself for the bad day! I looked cute! I really did. I walked in after the game was over and the first thing that Jen said to me was "Damn, you look cute!" So I win! But all of this is really quite irrelevant to the rest of you... so I'll just justify the reason for mentioning the game is because it was the source of much entertainment at the expense of a girl on the opposing team. Please allow me to illustrate. When you go see a volleyball game, you generally expect to see tall, leggy people who have no trouble jumping high enough to spike a ball over the net, right? If you look at the NIU women's volleyball player roster you might have a little inkling of why I bring this up... Yeah, there's a girl on their team who is listed as 4 feet 10 inches tall.... 4' 10" No kidding! And that's being REALLY GENEROUS because she was MAYBE 4' 7" ... I mean she was REALLY REALLY TINY. So needless to say, it was a little unexpected to see such a small person on the court, and that led to a few jokes at her expense... and quotes of the day. (And yeah, I'm gonna break the rules and quote myself, because I had a couple gems tonight)

QOTD
9.21.04 - "Hey, I've got a question, that nine on her jersey, is that her number, or is that her age?" ~Liz

9.22.04 - (After a point was awarded to Loyola)
Small V-ball player on NIU team: "FUCK!"
Liz: "Hey! She just used a big-girl word!"

9.23.04 -
Mom: "You have the resources, use them!"
Liz: "I do... and I'm finally of the disposition to tap into them."
Mom: "Well it is good to tap into the resources, after all, you have like a KEG!"

No comments: