Friday, September 03, 2004

I'm 23 years of age. Young by most standards. I eat healthy, go to the gym 5 days a week (4 times is much more accurate, but I always plan on going 5) , I've cut back to 5 smokes a day and only drink on the weekends. As few as two years ago I ate pizza EVERY night, fast-food for lunch EVERY day, averaged 12 cigarettes a day, NEVER ever worked out and drank more beer than most would think humanly possible. So why is it an "all-nighter" hits me so much harder now than it did then? 36 hours was seemed like nothing when I was 21. It was so easy; sleep > work > beer > sex > work > beer > sleep. Now its sleep > work > work > sleep and I'm a friggin zombie. I've subtracted 3 entire steps (mind you the good ones) and I'm suffering worse than ever. I feel old.

OMG last time I drove back from NYC my knees began to ache badly... for no reason. I was just sitting in the damn car. no running. no jumping. no lifting. just sitting. I actually had to stop and walk around for 30 minutes before I was able to collapse back into the car and finish the drive. I think I've got a bad case of the hiv.

Oh and for the Liz:
I dumped Aaryn because of the Olympics. Chew on that for sec......
When we met she had mentioned that she was looking for a new job so I hooked her up with a job at my last place of employment. Being that i left a management position on good terms I'm able to pull favors sometimes. It was just a helpdesk job, but it was a little more money than she was currently making. I was excited for her and asked that she tell me how the first day goes. SO that evening she calls me at 6 and I explain that I'm a the gym, but will be leaving in about an hour. I offered to call her, but she had had plans and offered to call me back later. And here she makes her mistake. She called me during the men’s 400m Medley and the Men's gymnastics team comp. BAD TIMING. I offered to take her out to dinner that Wednesday so that we could talk face to face without distractions. She said no. Just no. She said that I Had asked her to call back and that she was disappointed that she took a back seat to the Olympics. I couldn't believe it. flat out no. I offered again to take her out to dinner only two nights away (mind you we had just spent the last 6 days together and I’m looking for a bit of alone time. Again she says no and we both hang up. Next time we spoke I told her I didn't feel anything between us and that I was a bit disappointed that she made such a big deal out of the situation. Of course this isn't the only foul she or I committed, but it was the proverbial straw that broke the proverbial back of the proverbial camel.

Overall I found her to be selfish and immature... it just wasn't going anywhere.

No comments: