Friday, February 24, 2006

Another time, another place, another person...

Last night I was talking to the fabulous Marcia, and she asked me about a specific event which took place prior to her readership... Specifically, my 22nd birthday. Knowing that my 22nd was a birthday to rival anyone's best birthday, I decided to track down the post which most aptly captured the spirit of the event.

So I looked in the ol' archives, and tracked down October 2004, and much to my surprise, the post cannot be located... Mind you, the post can't be located for a reason other than what you might be thinking. (The post is there, so that's not the reason.) But the fact is that the spirit of that post is rather pervasive, and extends through the entire month of October... and well into other months if you want the truth.

I sat there, re-reading the words I had written back in October of '04 and I couldn't help but wonder, WHO WAS THIS PERSON, AND WHERE THE HELL DID SHE GO, BECAUASE THAT BITCH WAS FUN!

Yeah, I used to be fun... and WAY the hell funnier. So what happened? I don't know for sure, but I think I must've gotten really drunk at some point, and dropped my sense of humor in a gutter, because I can't seem to find it! I can safely say that I have a record of my fun college days though! I mean wow... I documented skipping class to go drinking, skipping class because I was too hungover from a previous night's drinking, skipping class because I didn't want to start off the day with a professor who was an asshole... It's remarkable! I even documented conversational snippets with my mother who was condoning my drinking and hard-partying collegiate behavior.

And I'll tell you something else, the old QOTD system, was awesome! Yeah there are a few days in there that didn't really have any great quotes, but damn, a lot of them are REALLY frickin' funny. I should probably get back into the habit of posting a dated QOTD... just to keep me on top of things. [The only problem with that is that I don't talk to nearly as many funny people (intentionally funny or otherwise) on a daily basis,] so great quotes feel like they are harder to come by.


Seriously, go back and read some of that mess! IT'S GREAT! (Of course there are other events in there that I'd prefer to forget, like the Dave debacle, and the infamous drought...) But for the most part, it's just lots and lots of posts about me being awesome!

Damn, now that I can afford it, I need to get back in the swing of things!

No comments: