Monday, February 13, 2006

Slow Monday...

It's a slow day at the office for me, so you reap the benefits of my idle hands... I'll give you the weekend wrap-up now instead of later!

Friday at work was pretty typical... I called India again, I worked on maps... (We have already established just how much I HATE working on maps.) I was busy until about 5, and then I went home.

Knowing that Friday is not one of Caroline's regularly scheduled drinking nights, I didn't even bother calling her to see if she wanted to go out... But about 9 PM I got a call from her begging me to come out and save her from Dave's REALLY, INCREDIBLY boring friends. Not one to pass up an opportunity to drink with Caro and Dave, I went and met up with them, had a few rounds at Solstice before heading up to Wrigleyville to meet up with Alana and Ben At Casey Moran's... (I really don't like Casey Moran's. It used to be tolerable, and when I had a few friends that worked there, it was a decent place to meet and mingle, but nowadays, something is a little different, and not in a good way.) Caro and Dave bailed after a couple of rounds at Casey's, and despite the fact that we closed the place down, I didn't see much more of Alana and Ben after Caro and Dave left. It was kind of weird.

Don't get me wrong, I was glad to see Alana and Ben, especially considering this is their first trip back in from the burbs since graduation, but I'd have liked to have spent a little more time with them.

As for Saturday, it was pretty quiet. Much of the day was spent lounging around the apartment, retrieving my W-2 from the salon, controlling my anger and NOT throwing a molotov cocktail through the front window of the salon. In the evening I went to another volleyball game, and met up with J-Dubs for a few rounds at Cullen's. It was a nice little Saturday!

I've got a few pictures from the weekend, but I am at my work computer, and they are saved on my home computer... So you'll just have to wait.

Here are a couple of quotes to hold you over, though!

=========================================

"You know what this place could use? A whole bunch of Chinese midgets running around! I mean think about it! Could it make it worse? Probably not. Could it make it better? Hell, what place wouldn't be made better by a bunch of Chinese midgets running around?" ~Kate

"Have you guys ever worn Depends out? I would think they would make your ass look puffy." ~Dave

Caro: "Hey, Dave, did Kevin call?"
Dave: "No."
Caro: "Well at least check your phone!"
Dave: "I don't have to check my phone... I would have felt it buzz... It might not feel as good as when Liz calls, but still, I'd have felt it!"

"Every time we go out, it's my goal to say something that makes Liz's quotes of the day... I have to try extra hard to be super witty, that's why I always pause before answering, because I've got to get back to you when I have a really witty answer." ~Dave

No comments: