Sunday, February 12, 2006

Laundry Burglars!!!!

We've all heard of cat burglars, and even the hamburglar, but apparently in my building we have a more feindish and insidious brand of thief! Yes, we apparently have laundry burglars!

I've fortunately never fallen victim to the likes of these evil-doers, but I guess it's some kind of cause for concern.

So what is a laundry burglar? Should we be concerned for our safety? Should we be guarding our laundry with fierce intensity? Should we hide our delicates?

The fact is, I don't have the answers to any of these questions... But here's why I think this gets its own post.

To the right you can see my laundry room... It ain't anything to write home about, it's just your average laundry room with four funcional washing machines, and four functional dryers. This is what it looks like during the day. Brightly lit, usually pretty empty, no place to sit, and there is a video surveilance camera in one corner... So I can see you wondering, "Well if there is a camera, why are we worried about the laundry burglars, then? And what measures are being taken to avert a laundry burgling?"

Well, I'm glad you asked my friend! You want to know what we're doing to prevent alaundry burgling? Well I'll tell you! We are locking the laundry room up at night!

Most of you are saying, "Wait, you're locking the laundry room at night? Even though there's a camera in there?"

Yep.

If you go down to the laundry room, even if it's just to get your own clothes out of the dryer at 10:30 PM, this is what you'll see. A big deadbolted, locked door. And these are keys which the building residents don't posess. So if you want your shit from the laundry room before 8AM the next day, you've gotta go and wake up the building managers and get them to let you get your shit.

Personally I don't believe in laundry burglars any more than I believe in leprachauns or oompa loompas. And I don't see the reason why my clothes should be held hostage until morning if my drying time happens to run until 10:42. I think it's a load of bunk. And wasn't the point of installing a camera in the laundry room an effort to protect our launrdy from these laundry feinds? I guess not. I don't know if the building manager is worried about someone making off with one of the machines, but I mean really, they have to have two keys to get this far into the building anyway, and don't you think taking a laundry machine out of a building would create enough noise and ruckus that someone would notice? I don't know the rationale here... I just know that I have to get my laundry done and not forget to take it out of the dryer in time to avoid it's capture, and despite the fact that I think it impedes my civil right to do laundry whenever the hell I want, or something, I just deal with it.

But I sure as hell don't understand it.

3 comments:

Augustus said...

Thanks for this article, pretty helpful piece of writing.
Boulevard VIP Wallet (Women's) - Mango | K-Swiss Seam Split Short (Women's) - Rouge Red/Black | here

Anonymous said...

According to coal miners can make from $56,000-$104,000 a year.
Some mining firms lost 30 per cent of their share values in the early August stock market meltdown.
Thanks for reading this article about Oregon gem mining on Associatedcontent.

Anonymous said...

The Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas' recent drastic reorganization of the national security is one sign to this effect. It familiarizes us with the world and people who are making history. Current newspapers provide different articles in the development of the nation. He proudly displays a disdain for homosexuals, especially those that are HIV-positive, by stating that they should be sequestered away from the rest of Frances moral society. But I felt I had something interesting, if not unique, to say about the Mafia because as a boy I had listened not only to Mafiosi in my stepfather's kitchen but to first and second generation Sicilians who understood
how and why the Mafia had gotten a foothold in this country.



Here is my website: click here