Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Superbowl Sunday MEGA POST!

Let's just get one thing straight before we jump into this post... I am a self-procalimed bitch, and after 5 years of living in a great urban metropolis, I've become something of a city-girl/snob about certain things. That said, let's get into it!

First on the docket today, are fashion NO-NOs! I went to men's volleyball games on both Thursday and Friday of this past week. One of the opposing teams was frim Virginia, and I get the feeling that the fans from Virginia just had no clue that when you go to the big city with the bright lights, you need to dress the part. You need to forget everything you learned about fashion on the farm, and when in doubt, you're going to an athletic event, so you should probably sport a sweatshirt with the name of your team on it and a decent pair of jeans... Clearly this woman had no idea that shirts that have been run through a bedazzler are not considered fashionable. Please note exhibit A -


Yes, this picture is blurry, but it was taken at a great distance from the stands, and if nothing else, the blurriness protects the identity of the innocent bystanters. Either way, you can still readily pick out who I'm talking about... Which is SAD considering how far away I was when I took this picture.

So then there are the suburban-trash girls... These lovely ladies have been raised just outside the city limits, and thus have had some kind of exposure to proper fashion... but I think a lot of them could use a lot more exposure so that they don't continually repeat the mistakes that I see ALL THE TIME... Like this gem in exhibit B -


Yes, that's right, that's an expensive bag, UGG boots, (which I hate anyway, because only Caro can make them look even halfway cute) and SWEATPANTS. Now I'm sorry, but I've just gotta say, unless you are at the gym, on your way to work out, or on your way home from a workout, or in the privacy of your own home, sweatpants shouldn't be donned... And if you insist on wearing them out for whatever reason, they should be worn with athletic-style shoes... Which means I should never see them paired with UGG boots, and I should certainly NEVER see them at a volleyball game with UGG boots!

Sometimes I want to choke bitches and scream, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU LEFT THE HOUSE!?!?!?!"

Yesterday was Loyola's homecoming day, (thus the hall of fame ceremony,) and of course, the annual Alumni game! I love the Alumni game! The former players coming back to the old gym and playing ball like they did in the old days... only now half of them have kids and haven't touched a basketball in a couple of years. It's good stuff!


So that covers Thursday through Saturday afternoon...

Saturday night after building that entertainment center I mentioned in the last post, I went out with Anthony and Erik. Dana and a few of her friends were supposed to meet us by 10, but for some inexplicable reason they were delayed, and didn't show up until roughly midnight. By then I'd pretty much lost the "going out vibe" and decided it was going to be an early night. I ended up packing it up and heading home at about 1 AM, (which for me on a Saturday night is EARLY).

I just wasn't feeling it.

This morning I got up and came to the coffee shop, and was offended by something else... THERE ARE HIGHSCHOOLIANS IN MY COFFEE SHOP!

I mean really! There are no highschoolians allowed in my coffee shop!!! And here they sat! Bedecked in bad expensive clothes (which I'm sure they didn't buy themselves), awful haircuts, backpacks, and braces! These are the kinds of bitches that I just want to stab in the face and scream, "YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU AND YOUR AWFUL TASTE AND YOUR LOUD, INANE CONVERSATION ARE RUINING ANY POSSIBILITY OF ME ENJOYING MY COFFEE... GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND GO DOWN THE STREET TO STARBUCKS WHERE YOU BELONG!!!"

Ok, now that I've gotten all that out of my system, I'd like to mention that I'm not a wholly evil person. In fact in the past week, on a couple of occasions I've taken time out of my day to do good deeds. I happened upon a little old man who was walking with a cane, and trying to manage getting his groceries home, so I helped him with the groceries so that he could focus on the task of walking. I also in a very cliche situation, I helped a little old lady across the street. And I helped little old Bill (another of the coffee shop regulars) into the coffee shop.

Hey, I admit to being wicked most of the time, I do little things to try and redeem myself for all the hell-worthy trespasses of my past... Basically I'm trying to get the occasional vacation getaway from hell so that I can make a little money on selling a timeshare in my condo on the River Styx.

1 comment: