Sunday, February 19, 2006

LING WONG IS A WELCHER!

Yeah, so I've been pretty busy at work lately. Friday was client update day at work, and client update day is kinda crazy. Fortunately it's only once a month... So it's ok.

The weekend has afforded me a chance to catch up on some major sleeping time... which is nice.

Friday upon getting half way home from work, I realized I forgot my phone on my desk, so I had to trek back to the office and retrieve it, likely looking like a crazy person to my boss who was still around when I went back in. So I got home, had a quick bite, and went up to campus for the men's volleyball game. While I was there, I got a couple of pleasant surprises... 1.) My buddy Ian actually got some playing time, which makes me infinitely happy for him! And 2.) Alana called to let me know she was in town again this weekend, so of course there was drinking to be done!

So naturally, I went out with Alana again... Tore my jeans twice getting into the back of a standard sized taxi cab with 5 other girls... Yes, you read that right... there were 6 of us in the back of the cab, plus one in the front seat, and the driver.... It really is no wonder I tore my jeans.

We went to a couple of bars that I really don't care for, but in the company of my friends, I more or less took that hit for the team... (And yes, Caro, we finished the night at Nick's Uptown... So you know I took a serious blow in the interest of hanging out with my friends)

For those of you out-of-towners who are not familiar with Nick's Uptown Lounge, consider yourselves lucky! It's an after-hours bar that despite the virtues of being open until 4 AM lacks a genuine appeal that I usually require when considering possible places to go after-hours. It is also one of those bars that is often classified as a "Sausage-fest" meaning that the guy to girl ratio is something staggering, like 10 or 12 males per female... Now while that might have some of you saying "HELLS BELLS! LET'S GO TO NICK'S!" the fact is that these are not really appealing men... Of course, the same can be said for the vast majority of the female clientele of the establishment, largely because they all offend my sensibilities as a human being. They are the yuppie- scum- looking- for- a- one- night- stand- after- striking- out- at- the- regular- hours- establishments-of- the- city- types... One word: GUH-ROSS!

But in the interest if hanging out with those whom I so dearly love, I took the hit. The atmosphere at Nick's was even less appealing at our table, because one of the girls in our party was BLITZED, and lost her (rather pricy) new phone. So of course, a loss while VERY drunk leads to somewhat irrational amounts of tears. So upon closing the bar down, and seeing the crier home, we went to a nearby mexican food establishment... (I won't call it a restaurant because quite frankly, calling it a restaurant would be more than a little bit of a stretch.) So we ate, made jokes about cat meat in the burritos, you know the drill. And I ended up getting home right around 5 AM... So I showered and hit the hay.

Saturday was spent almost exclusively in bed... Because I was out so late, and because my bed is spectacular! But I did get up long enough to attend yet another men's volleyball match, and see my boys rout Ohio State, which was a HUGE deal for them, and I must say, it was GLORIOUS! (Conrats gents!)

Ling Wong welched on me, and didn't show up, so we didn't go out. (Hence the title of today's post.) And once again, we didn't go to the art institute again this weekend. But C did come over to play after the game, so that was still a good time.

And today, well today was spent largely in bed... because it's too bloody cold to get up and go anywhere further away than the coffee shop. So that pretty much brings you up to speed... here are a couple of quotes.

==============================================

"Two dollar make you holler! And then I'll kick you in your poon!" ~Alana

Abby: "Why do guys want to do it like every 2 minutes?"
Liz: "What? You mean you DON'T want to do it like every 2 minutes?"
Abby: "No... I need like at least three or four minutes for recovery."
Kari: "Well, hell if you need recovery time, that's the kind of doin' it that you SHOULD want every 2 minutes!"

Abby: "Yeah, she used to try to give him a boner at parties to embarrass him."
Kristy: "That's awful, who would do that to their boyfriend?"
Kari: "Are you kidding, there's nothing more fun! They get all embarrassed and either have to walk it off, or make an otherwise unnecessary trip to the bathroom... It's hilarious."
Liz: "Hell with my luck, he'd refuse to walk it off or go to the bathroom and just cover it up with a book!
Kari: "You're dating the wrong guys then... no guy should prefer to be seen at a party with a book over being seen at a party with a boner!"

No comments: