Saturday, November 13, 2004

I know you kids were really anxiously awaiting this entry... sitting at home all day refreshing the page every 30 seconds praying for an update, holding your breath praying that the events of last night would rank right up there with the haze that was my drunken week-long birthday celebration. Alas, this was not such a night. (And yes, my apalling dry spell continues... I'm getting pretty frustrated about all of this...)

We started the evening off with several mini bottles of champagne that Jennie d-boed (DEE- BO, past tense) from the office. And followed that with some beer, then a shot (Rum for me, Jager for Jen) and a red wine chaser. (I hope you can see where this is going... if not, I'll just tell you, mixing lots of different kinds of alcohol at random is tantamount to one mean hangover.) So we got ready, and set out for Cullen's. A few rounds later it was off to Messener's which was way cooler on a weeknight when you could actually breathe. We ended up at Carol's ... you all know how I feel about Carol's. And I know that some of my friend's (including my roommate) just love Carol's... I'm sorry, but a country-western themed hole in the wall with a guy who looks like Charlie Daniels checkin' IDs at the door is not my idea of a good time. I might be from southern Indiana, but contrary to popular belief about we hoosiers, I don't like country music. I don't own a cowboy hat, or cowboy boots. I have never gone cow-tipping, and I've never fallen off a tractor, largely because I've never been on a tractor. Sorry, that's just the way it is folks.

So after Carol's we came home. Apparently we came home short one purse, because Jennie woke me up three separate times to see if she could look for it in my room... why the hell it would be in my room was beyond me, but hey, weird shit happens when people drink as much as we did... so I told her to look through the mess to her heart's content, as long as I could go back to sleep. No hard feelings. (Turns out that she'd left it at Carol's and someone had found it and helped themselves to the cash, but everything else was still in it.)

So I got up and nursed my hangover for much of the day. I camped out on the futon, praying for unconsciousness to take hold or for my headache to retreat, with some success.

I've got nothing else of any interest to say to you folks on the matter. That's that. Deal.

================================

I would like to note that I was at work the other day when I heard loud laughter coming from Phyllis' office. Shortly thereafter Krystian came out to show me what all the fuss was about. In case you have no affiliation with the Loyola Athletic Dept. This guy is a former athlete, and current butt of many jokes. The pictures say so much... don't ya think?

================================

Speaking of funny things this QOTD LITERALLY had me on the floor with laughter when it was first uttered:
11.14.04 - (We had just passed a guy in the hall who was sporting a sweatshirt and basketball shorts on a rather cold day) "[my last name redacted] I've got a question about your kind, and I just gotta know, why do you white folks do that?" ~ Jen "I'm a beaner" Mendez, clarifying information about "us white folks" (In case you missed the reference and the last name, Jen is Mexican)

================================

I should like to note that I didn't hear until today that Scott Peterson was found guilty... I'm glad to hear this, and I honestly thought he did it, but he was likely to get off.

================================

ODB died today. Pour some out for a brotha.

No comments: