Monday, November 15, 2004

Leave it to Dave and my big brother to renew my faith in boys everywhere.

Much as I like to give Dave crap, and say he's fired, he's always wonderful whenever I really need him to be. And as infrequently as I ever talk to my big brother, the fact is that when I do get to talk to him, he not only renews my faith in him, but since I've seen his bad side, he renews my faith in pretty much all boys. Why? Because I know that while he is/was fully capable of being a total jackass, when it really matters, he knew what he had to say and do to redeem himself and much of boy-dom while he was at it.

So yeah, Dave and I talked for a while, and it was a healthy dose of what I needed. A decent straight boy who I'm not related to, showing me a little bit of positive attention and love. (Even if it's long distance love, requiring telephone hugs I'll take it.)

And as for my brother, I talked to him whilst he was intoxicated, but he still said things that cheered me up.

So kids if we can keep up the good work, my man-hating days might soon come to an end.

In the interim I keep finding new and interesting ways to screw myself over and maintain a minimum level of misery.

===============================

I've decided to add a track of the day (TOTD) item to the blog. I know this is a cheesy thing that hacks do to fill the space, but the thing is with mine, it's not the kind of thing where I'm going to try to pick a track or song that is all sappy and somehow linked to my mood, I just wanna share some kickass tracks with yout kids. Consider TOTD just my personal recommendation of some choice track to downoad, (legally, of course). This might not be a 100% daily feature, so I'm not going to bother putting a date on it, just consider the date of the entry to be the same as the date for the song... as you all know QOTD doesn't always follow this format, and QOTD will still be a regular daily feature! (I know you kids were worried!)

So let's kick this bitch off with a real winner: "The Monkey Song" by The Mountain Goats. You can't be salty listening to this... you really can't!! And if that doesn't do anything for you, then allow me to also recommend "Crazy Mary" by Pearl Jam. (We all know that with the exception of "Spin the Black Circle" you really just can't go wrong with Pearl Jam.)

===============================

QOTD
11.15.04 - "Well, Liz, you could come to Baltimore so I fall even more in love with you and then you could move away, tearing my heart out and taking it with you while you're at it... that seems to be the trend about now." ~My fabulous Dave.

No comments: