Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sometimes I wonder where it all went wrong... this is not one of those times. I know that my life is far from perfect, but I somehow get the feeling that I am standing at the edge of an epiphany. I don't know what this impending revelation has anything to do with, but it feels big, it feels like I'm going to have what we alcoholics refer to as a "moment of clarity" ...Now with all that said, I suppose I should note that spending two days at my southern Indiana home, doing relatively little whilst my fellow students are still in class in Chicago, and my mother is at work has left me with time to think about things, and so I've come to my own conclusions, and basically decided to reconstitute my faith in men. Yes, you heard it here first. I'm not man hating anymore at the moment. (And no, it is unfortunately not the result of seeing any real action, but rather merely personal refletion on matters.) I should note that while my faith in men in general has been restored, there is one notable exception. I am of the firm belief that my own father is not infrequently reprehensible and generally beyond help. I'm sure that you've heard plenty about all of this, and if not, I doubt we are close enough for you to ever be able to forgive me for boring you with details. Sorry.

============================

I've been rather lax with the tracks and quotes of the day... though with such a traditionally large holiday coming up in the next couple days, you can undoubtedly count on my family members to provide some real gems for the daily quotes (So I'll save up the 2 days I'm presently lacking so that you get quality lines instead of just slapping up poor quality quotes in order to stay current... besides, you all know that punctuality is not my strong suit.) As for the tracks, here's a few to hold you over while you sip your wine/bourbon/etc. and wait for the annual promise of turkey and family drama to commence.

TOTD:
The Darkness - "I believe in a thing called love" (The video is spectacular, as I have noted before, but listening to just the song is fun too, even if only because you can imagine the best parts of the video in your head while you tone out your intoxicated parents talking about their sex life in all-too-vivid detail.)

Guns N' Roses - "November Rain" (it is November after all, and at over 8 minutes long, it eats up all kinds of time that would otherwise be spent listening to your great aunt Doreen talk about her bowel movements, or something equally grotesque)

Stroke Nine - "Vacuum Bag" (This one is just an overall quality tune... give it a listen and I think you'll agree... and if not, then you can feel free to vent here if you want)

The Beatles - "Eleanor Rigby" (One of my favorite Beatles tunes and one that is neglected in the modern musical lexicon, and we all know you can't very well go wrong with a Beatles tune)

Elvis Presley - "Hound dog" (Because we all know that the world is divided into two kinds of people, ELVIS people and BEATLES people... and I can't very well have a song by the beatles listed without alienating the elvis people for lack of metioning the king.)

So there you have it. Enjoy your turkey, have a happy holiday, and do your best to not kill (or do anything else which you might regret in the morning) family members, family friends, and neighbors... well, neighbors are ok.

No comments: