Monday, November 29, 2004

If I didn't love Dave so much, I'd have given up on him a long time ago. But I'm sure he's got an excuse... and I'm sure that I'll hear it, and either believe it, or not believe it but not care enough to stay mad at him. (That's pretty much how things go with me and Dave.)

=================================

Today was something less than fabulous. It was not only a Monday (my long days which always suck anyway,) but it was also a Monday after a holiday break. (Those always suck way worse.) So I got up, I went to class, spent much of my day talking to others about their thanksgiving break, and how they had a great time, while I didn't, then I killed time at the gym before night class, and had a pleasant little meal with Spoolie (not that you care). I then went to half of night class and then bailed to come home for dinner, a shower, and movie time. (Life is just a barrel of monkeys isn't it?). But the upswing to being this incredibly bored and boring all day is that I got to think a bit, and I finally came up with the answers to some things that had really been bothering me... the answers are 1) His name was Alex! 2) Dr. David Rudek, and he loved Piaget. 3) Mother Theresa and Joan of Arc... quotes are possible. 4) A bracelet and/or earrings. I guess that leaves you wondering what the questions were, doesn't it? Well, that's your problem!

================================

A FEW WORDS ON CAT CALLING...

I find myself kind of torn as to how I feel about cat-calling. (For those of you unfamiliar with the term "Cat-calling" it means when someone you don't know whistles at you, makes some kind of comment, or honks at you, or makes some other kind of suggestive/obscene gestures aimed at you in a lustful way.) Why am I torn about it? OK, yeah, someone who you don't know is going out of their way to comment or note your appearance in a positive way... Yeah, that's a little bit of a self-esteem booster. But at the same time the people who generally do the cat-calling are rarely, if ever, even remotely desireable people. They are generally dirty old men, the homeless guys you pass, truck drivers, and construction workers. (*Please note that not all truck drivers and construction workers are undesireable dirty old men, these classifications are not mutually exclusive or exhaustive, but generally those who do the cat calling tend to fall into a very undesirable category.) So yeah, you might get a little ego boost, but it tends to come from the kind of person you don't really want an ego-boost from on a good day... and on a bad day, well, anything will do.

================================

QOTD
12.1.04 - "I love you! HEY COME BACK!! I LOVE YOU!!" ~ Some random drunk guy at 4th street live (And no, this is not what prompted the cat-calling commentary.)

================================

TOTD
Johnny Cash & Dave Matthews - "For You" (Awesome song, just trust me on this one! I mean really, who doesn't like Johnny Cash?)


No comments: