Wednesday, November 17, 2004

If I knew 87 hand-cut snowflakes and 12 hand turkeys would bring so much joy to the kids in the athletic department, I'd have put them up every year. Sorry about slackin' for the last three years all... I hope this year's effort makes up for at least some of that! A few quick notes about the snowflakes:

  • 1) I don't understand how people can stand there and watch me sit and cut all of them out during a week's worth of shifts and still feel the need to ask me if I cut them all out myself... YOU BLOODY WATCHED ME CUT THEM OUT, AND I TOLD YOU WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO WITH THEM!
  • 2) No, I don't have a favorite snowflake, so stop asking. You're welcome to have a preference, and to tell me which ones you like, I am apparently not as attached to them as you are, though I am appreciative of the praise you give me for my creative efforts. I like praise!
  • 3) Snowflakes are not CHRISTMAS decorations, they are WINTER decorations. I wouldn't do anything to compromise the integrity of our school/departmental policy of religious tolerance and acceptance. (Last time I checked Hanukkah also falls during winter, and it still occasionally snows on those eight crazy nights... The same goes for Kwanzaa and any of those other bogus winter holiday celerations... YEAH, you heard me, Kwanzaa is BOGUS.)
  • 4) Stop asking how long it took me to do all of that... it took many hours to cut everything out, (As you should all know from having watched me continually) and about 2 hours to put everything up.
  • 5) I am utterly amazed at the number of people who keep asking how the heck I cut out all the snowflakes... They seriously didn't understand the concept of folding paper many times and then hacking away at the sides until you have an acceptable snowflake... seriously, isn't it a requirement that children are taught in the grammar school years how to make a snowflake? What are they teaching in our schools? I mean yeah, the kids can add and subtract, but they can't create a pattern of shapes cut into a folded piece of paper? PRIORITIES PEOPLE!
  • 6) No, all those snowflakes are not making it cold back in the cage, the joke wasn't funny the first time, and it's not getting any funnier with repition.

Ok, with all that out of the way, I must say that I took a quick peek at Dave's helpul hints post for the week, and I must say that it has a promising start. (Why do I get to peek in advance, you ask? BECAUSE IT'S MY BLOODY PAGE, SO STOP BITCHING! You put up a page where I can post and I'll let you peek at my drafts!)

===============================

Another quick little note or two before I get to the daily features:

I apologize to my regular readership for the lack of humorous stories lately... I'll work on it, and in the meantime I'll do my best to gussy up the other writing when possible.

I would like to note that this is a public page, not just a private affair, so if you have any friends who you think would enjoy my babblings, feel free to share it with them... especially if you garner an honor such as quote of the day, or you recommend a winning track of the day! We welcome new readers all the time, and I wouldn't put any of this nonsense up on the internet if I didn't want it shared with the masses.

I will be going home for Thanksgiving, and it's harder for me update daily when I'm at home... neither of my parents have discovered the joys of a high speed connection. So please bear with me, I'll do my best to update whenever necessary and possible.

================================

Track of the day: (Please note that you will NEVER see Britney Spears get track of the day... EVER. I'm sorry, but as someone with more than half a brain, and what I like to think of as a pretty good taste in music, I can't ever allow Mrs. Federline to get TOTD while maintiaining my own self respect.)
TOTD: (an old favorite!) "Loser" - Beck

================================

QOTD
11.18.04 - "Liz, I've got a question for you. What is tuna? I mean I know it comes from the ocean, but what is it? Is it fish?" ~ Teresa "Jessica Simpson" Nierzwicki



No comments: