Friday, November 05, 2004

Ok, kids, enough with the partisan politics...
There's a time and a place for it, and this ain't it. You know what? I didn't vote for Bush either, but similar to the republicans who did re-elect Dubya, I am tired of listening to all everybody else bitch about it... we've got four years to make it through here, so lets not go blowing our wad all in the first week. Just take it down a notch or two, eh? Like I said before, I voted for the other- other guy too, and I'm just going to leave it at that for the time being.

================================

So last night I had my cursory drunken weeknight, (we all know how these turn out... no shocker) Last night was another exercise in senioritis extravagance and liver abuse. We started off with a little pregaming here at the ol' 1230, and then met up with Benny at Cullen's. We had a round, and since Guinness was introducing their oldest beer to the states we got a free black & tan, and we got to keep the fabulous Guinness pint glasses! [Oh, and by the way, if you have a chance to try Smithwick's (pronounced Smitt-icks) do it, it's some good stuff!] So from there we moved on to Nick's uptown (I took the chance that Santana was not working because I REALLY wanted to make out with someone and there's no better place to find someone for a quick and easy makeout than at Nick's) (For those of you not in the know, a quick side note; the night I fell and hurt my hand Santana hit on me, and since I was too drunk to think up a suitable fake number he somehow got my real number... and ever since then he has been WAAAAY too friendly with my voicemail because I don't answer when he calls.) So after we'd been there a few minutes I asked the bartender if Santana was working and we'd just managed to successfully avoid him, or if he had the night off, or what, and the bartender gave me some fabulous news. Santana got the axe. (Yes I rejoice in his misfortune, because this means I get my "desperately need a good makeout with no further attachment after-hours" bar back!) Apparently I wasn't the only chick he was a little too friendly with, and a couple other women lodged complaints with the powers that be, and life is good again! So after I was talking up this guy for a while his friends all wanted to leave, and I got no make out... so the drought continues. Such is life. After Nick's we headed to IHOP, where we shared our waiter (I think his name was Schwinn... like the bike, although that wasn't how he spelled it) with a table or two of cross dressers. They were having a FABULOUS time at the ol' IHOP. Good times. We came home, Jen went almost directly to bed because she knew she'd hate herself in about three hours when she had to get up for work. And I of course took a drunken shower. It was grand!

===============================

QOTD - (Sorry, I've neglected you lately!)
11.4.04 - "You know, they say that there's an ideal wine for chicken and an ideal wine for pork, but I think this might be the ideal wine for poopin!" ~Jen.

11.5.04 - "Aww, Liz, look, your pancakes have menstruated all over the table!" ~Ben & Jen

11.6.04 - "Liz, it's been two weeks, and still nothing. I've never had to work so hard at this... I even did the whole romantic day thing... it's killin' me!"

11.7.04 - (The boys rented the Brit-action-comedy Snatch)
Mark: "You got Snatch? I like Snatch!"
Erik: "Yeah Mark, we know."

===============================

I talked to Dave about his christmas present, and I honestly don't think I've ever heard him sound so excited about anything! He's fabulous... even though he's still fired.

No comments: